New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

WARNING: Alex Konney

BNPhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WARNING: Alex Konney

He responded to a WTB on a Sony lens. I'll admit that I am new at purchasing on the site and did not do my due diligence. No response. Scam in progress.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:22 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Well, you might want to add a few details, BNPhoto. E.g., post the link to the transaction, or copy your PM in the clear. All I can tell from what you've posted is that you wanted to buy a Sony lens, he had the one that you wanted, you agreed to pay the price he asked, you paid it, and you haven't heard back from him. You also didn't do your homework. Is that a scam?

Apr 22, 2017 at 01:27 AM
BNPhoto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Well, he will not respond to my PM's and emails. I was stupid enough to send the $ through paypal as friends and family so there's no recourse through paypal. No need to post the PM, it looks like a normal transaction. The fact that he has not contacted me is enough. So, because I was trusting and didn't do my homework, that negates the fact that I've been had? What should I call it? A robbery?

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Punishment? I'd file immediately a claim through PP anyway. You've got nothing to lose relative to where you are now, and there have been some reports from folks who've done what you did who have gotten satisfaction from PP and had their $ returned. If you know where this guy lives, advise him that you will file a report with the local Police Department detailing what you think he's done. I don't know the name of the Fed agency that handles internet scams. Others here do and I'm sure at some point will chime in to offer advice to you. Don't wait; do it now. I don't know that person's jurisdiction, so I don't know the nature of the "crime" your alleging he committed. In PA arguably what he did would be characterized as "theft by deception." Look it up in his state of residence, assuming you have that info, and advise him that is what you will be seeking to have him charged with. There was a few years ago here a very convoluted internet scheme/scam involving one person with several internet names. One of our members went after him/her/it, and, while not quickly accomplished, found "justice" as is said these days.

Apr 22, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Who is he Make his ID known so we don't have to trace your post. I have GREAT results with FBI IC3 claims. Also local Sheriffs Office has been great since they can trace how you sent it and not need a warrat or subpeona. Since you sent money he has violated FEDERAL LAW. Go after him!!!! NEVER use PPG here or anywhere! State Attorney General is good also.
Dan

Apr 22, 2017 at 04:45 PM
BNPhoto

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Really appreciate the help on this!

Apr 22, 2017 at 05:15 PM
BNPhoto

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · WARNING: Alex Konney

His ID is Alex Konney...I know...that's weird..

Alex Konney
POSTS PM

Total Posts: 4

“In photography there is a reality so subtle
that
it
becomes more real than reality.”
— Alfred Stieglitz

Canon 5D Mark IV
Sony A7S II
Sony A7R II
Canon 5d Mark III
Nikon D750
Nikon D4/Nikon D4s
70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
50mm f/1.2 Lens
24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
Fuji 16mm 1.4
100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens for Canon
SLR Cameras
16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle
Zoom Lens

Apr 22, 2017 at 06:37 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · WARNING: Alex Konney

4 posts? I'm sorry for your predicament.

EBH

Apr 22, 2017 at 06:56 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · WARNING: Alex Konney

He had an address. Was it verified? And you used PPG? NO NO NO!!!!

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Devz4u

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · WARNING: Alex Konney

I have posted something on the WTB and today the same user has responded on my PM. What to do??

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BNPhoto

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Do not do business with him! Ignore him.

Apr 25, 2017 at 03:29 AM
BNPhoto

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · WARNING: Alex Konney

How do we get this guy taken off the site? I'm new here and do not know the protocol.

Apr 25, 2017 at 03:32 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · WARNING: Alex Konney

BNPhoto wrote:
How do we get this guy taken off the site? I'm new here and do not know the protocol.

Look in upper right hand corner of page and click on Fred Miranda. Tell him about it so he can take action.

Apr 25, 2017 at 05:56 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Devz4u wrote:
I have posted something on the WTB and today the same user has responded on my PM. What to do??

Carefully milk him for personal information - physical address, etc.

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:34 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Devz4u wrote:

With all due respect, if your reading of what others have posted about this seller has not convinced you to stay the F away from him, you gonna end up screwed, in which case you will have deserved what you have gotten. No, I'm not sorry for being so blunt: if it's true this guy is a scammer, or just some dumb schlub showing up here, he depends upon the naïveté of new buyers/sellers who have more money than brains to spend on equipment from somebody who has no record here. It's YOUR job to keep from getting screwed.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:48 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · WARNING: Alex Konney

anthonysemone wrote:
With all due respect, if your reading of what others have posted about this seller has not convinced you to stay the F away from him, you gonna end up screwed, in which case you will have deserved what you have gotten. No, I'm not sorry for being so blunt: if it's true this guy is a scammer, or just some dumb schlub showing up here, he depends upon the naïveté of new buyers/sellers who have more money than brains to spend on equipment from somebody who has no record here. It's YOUR job to keep from getting screwed.
...Show more

Harsh, but +1

Posting a WTB ad is 100% guaranteed to attract scammers - maybe Fred could prevent noobies from posting WTB ads?

Apr 25, 2017 at 06:05 PM
BNPhoto

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Thanks for everyone's posts. I am done with this. I've done everything I can including enlisting the aid of one of my genius ex-students who is one of those internet savants. Probably won't find him...but who knows? If he does, he better look out!

Apr 26, 2017 at 02:24 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · WARNING: Alex Konney

BNPhoto wrote:
Thanks for everyone's posts. I am done with this. I've done everything I can including enlisting the aid of one of my genius ex-students who is one of those internet savants. Probably won't find him...but who knows? If he does, he better look out!

Tony and I are of Italian descent and we have some "Uncles" in dark suits from NYC that use baseball bats as toothpicks. They might help for a cannoli or 3>

Apr 27, 2017 at 01:05 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · WARNING: Alex Konney

The guy sent me an offer for a lens I was looking for, just looking at his profile I knew it was a scammer.

I noticed now his account is blocked by FM.

Edited on Apr 27, 2017 at 08:39 PM · View previous versions

Apr 27, 2017 at 03:21 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · WARNING: Alex Konney

Indeed so, Fred put the hammer to his then current screen name.... If he acts like the others here, he'll likely be back w/ a spoofed IP and another screen name, so it'll behoove us all to watch out.

Apr 27, 2017 at 05:24 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password