Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years...

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Facebook and it's FB Memories got me thinking the other day. An image popped up that I shared 5 years ago and I thought to myself "I still like that and I'm happy my client has that image forever". I went back to some images from that wedding and was pretty content. I don't know that I've ever thought of that before.

So, after time has passed, are you happy with the images that you've delivered to your past clients?

Here's a few images from that wedding:

(THIS WAS THE IMAGE THAT POPPED UP)

Apr 21, 2017 at 07:51 PM
glort
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Sometimes I look at images I did 5-10 years ago I have forgotten about and am struck how good they look and how much I like them.

It seems to be a thing with me. Never that taken with images I just did but years later on I seem to appreciate them more.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:46 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Some of them. It's interesting to look back -- that was my second season shooting weddings so I wasn't really confident/comfortable with what I was doing. Ask me again in 5 years!

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:18 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

5 years ago? Probably somewhat. 4 years ago was where I really felt like I hit my stride, and I actually recently went through my old catalog. I was amazed at how many I still really loved. At first, that made me feel like I had become way too stagnant. But, when it comes down to it...good moments are just good moments whether you are creating Fearless Photos or not.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:52 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

A reminder just now relevant to this thread.

Looking at the Exif on images and realising I did them 8-10 years ago when I feel like I shot them 2-3 years ago.

Scare myself so often with that.

Apr 22, 2017 at 01:30 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Excellent topic which brings the idea of looking back to our previous work as an kind of "mandatory" exercise to keep on striving !.

I do not really like or understand my work from my very beginning 12/14 yeasr ago; I am starting to feel confortable when reviewing weddings from 4 years ago.

I am designing my first sample matted album (a crazy idea here in Spain at the moment) of a lovely wedding I shot back in 2014.

Great set of images Canerino !.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Ken_Cravillion
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Absolutely. I would still proudly show and display weddings from 5-7 years ago.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Generally speaking when I look at my work 5-7 days ago I am sick to my stomach. 5-7 years I often feel I should send them a refund.

Apr 23, 2017 at 03:37 AM
flash
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I was better 5 years ago. I had less stuff so I used my brain more.

Gordon

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:03 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Some of them. Some of my best work is in the past. If I'm super honest with myself. That said, nowadays my consistency has improved tremendously.

Apr 24, 2017 at 01:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ZachOly
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I was more inconsistent 5 years ago. Some real gems, but also a lot of bad posing and bad lighting choices.

Better gear has also helped, especially when you know an image will be sharp versus hoping

Apr 24, 2017 at 03:27 PM
BSPhotog
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

It is really interesting to think about. I certainly have older images that I'm happy with and proud of, but I also know that I have a higher keeper rate now as well. I also have cooler toys, though I'm not sure that there is any correlation to the images.

Apr 24, 2017 at 06:48 PM
bipock
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I'm getting ready to start my second season as a wedding shooter. I felt pretty good at the end of last year, but the beginning is a little tough to look at. I'm with Danny that I look at a couple of those and should start writing a check.

Apr 24, 2017 at 08:04 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

tonyhart wrote:
Some of them. Some of my best work is in the past. If I'm super honest with myself. That said, nowadays my consistency has improved tremendously.

This.

Apr 24, 2017 at 08:50 PM
chrisfphotog
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Proud as in I'm glad I delivered what I did given my old skill set and that I was pushing myself? Sure. Proud as in I think they're just as good now? Heck no. And I hope the latter answer never changes.

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:03 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I did the best that I could with the skills and technology that I had at the time. So yes, I am. I hope to say the same thing in the next 5 years.

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:57 PM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

Definitely not. I did alot of things in the last 3 years such as implementing OCF, get better with editing to brand myself better. I remove alot of mediocre images and kept only one that appeal to my clients I'm seeking.

I still have some favorite images that was taken in good light, beautiful venue or bride that I go back to re-edit to my current standard.

May 18, 2017 at 05:35 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I'm still proud of most of my old stuff. I'm a lot more consistent these days and can reliably produce great photos. I've lost some of the creativity though and freedom to push boundaries which allowed me to create some of my most unique photos.

I think the longer you've been in the game the more you've gone down a style route and it's quite hard to come up from there to push other boundaries.

May 18, 2017 at 06:40 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

For the most part... yes. The actual images... yes.

I really don't care for some of my processing several years ago.... that I would change.

I can see the refinement in images.... meaning a ratio of solid must have to creative...
There where more creatives.
Over time you learn and work on the must have solid shots.

Now I am looking to get back to creative but add the refinement of experience and knowledge.

and lets be real.... add in some lucky shots. Well... a mixture of the right timing with experience and creativity.

May 18, 2017 at 06:47 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Are you still proud of your delivered images from 5 years ago?

I am! 9 years ago engagement...maybe not the watermark but w/e:

9 years ago wed:

another 9-10 years back:

May 18, 2017 at 07:10 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password