FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

Would appreciate C & C for these two panoramic images side by side..

Thanks!

NIKON D800E    80.0-400.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    80mm    f/11.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D800E    80.0-400.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    80mm    f/11.0    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 22, 2017 at 12:27 PM · View previous versions

Apr 21, 2017 at 05:56 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

I like the second one best especially near the distant top.

Apr 21, 2017 at 06:37 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

Robert Spencer wrote:
I like the second one best especially near the distant top.

Thanks Robert Spencer for your feedback. Much Appreciated!!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM
JohnC
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

Nice images. Drove through there in January, stayed in Boulder. I found it very hard to convey the dramatic landscape as seen from the road as you are essentally driving on a cliff top with canyons on either side.

Apr 22, 2017 at 01:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

psharvic
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

JohnC wrote:
Nice images. Drove through there in January, stayed in Boulder. I found it very hard to convey the dramatic landscape as seen from the road as you are essentally driving on a cliff top with canyons on either side.

I'd agree with John, Kee. This is a hard scene to capture. There is no element that really captures the eye.

Apr 22, 2017 at 01:34 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

JohnC wrote:

---------------------------------------------

psharvic wrote:
I'd agree with John, Kee. This is a hard scene to capture. There is no element that really captures the eye.

I agree with both of you. Difficult to find a good element as foreground, etc, but I just loved the VAST OPENNESS!!
That was awesome, indeed!

Apr 22, 2017 at 03:40 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

I like the composition and features better in the 2nd. For me it would be improved with more sky above.

The 1st is a challenging composition because it has the canyon in between leaving the eyes wanting more view but its not there from this spot.

For together on the wall panos' I would match up the sky content to be similar if you have more sky in 2.

If you go back, I think morning or evening light to expand the dynamic range and open up the colours. Possibly finding a close in feature like a cactus or rock might give it more pizazz.

My view is that its worth hanging if it appeals to you but needs more interests that come with early late to be appealing to many.It looks like a great spot but sometimes I find a great spot that looks great to my eyes but I cannot just find a composition that works with the constraints of where I can be to take pictures. [Thats why I have tried painting - then I can just magically transport my self to the right composition and time of day [I am leaving it for my old age which is coming rapidly.]

But thats just my opinion - Scott

Apr 22, 2017 at 06:55 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Escalante Winter 2 Panoramics

Scott Stoness wrote:
I like the composition and features better in the 2nd. For me it would be improved with more sky above.

The 1st is a challenging composition because it has the canyon in between leaving the eyes wanting more view but its not there from this spot.

For together on the wall panos' I would match up the sky content to be similar if you have more sky in 2.

If you go back, I think morning or evening light to expand the dynamic range and open up the colours. Possibly finding a close in feature like a cactus or rock might give
...Show more

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your detailed suggestions and feedback. When I get a chance to go back to this area.. I may have a chance this Fall, then I will take a better look taking your suggestions!! Great!!

Kee

Apr 23, 2017 at 01:19 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password