Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · HS Lacrosse

CMYK Designs
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Lacrosse

A favorite shot of my son taking the face-off from one of the best in his league at the time...

Power and Control

Apr 21, 2017 at 08:31 AM
CMYK Designs
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Lacrosse

Not sure what the EXIF info is...should be a Nikon D300 w/ Sigma 120-300 f2.8 and a Sigma 1.4x converter...

Apr 21, 2017 at 08:39 AM
Long Shot

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Lacrosse

Great capture! Is your son the Hills West Kid? In Lightroom play with the shadows slider and you can bring out the face a little more. When I shoot boys lax I try to add a 1/3 exposure comp.

Edited on May 07, 2017 at 06:54 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2017 at 03:39 PM
guero_gordo

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Lacrosse

You could also cheat with the brush tool to lighten just the face and leave the overall exposure(and that nice color sat) alone.

Apr 23, 2017 at 02:08 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Lacrosse

Nice shot. FWIW... the original is much better. The edited version is washed out and all the rich colors get lost.

Apr 23, 2017 at 06:04 PM
Long Shot

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Lacrosse

P Alesse wrote:
Nice shot. FWIW... the original is much better. The edited version is washed out and all the rich colors get lost.

It is a little over exposed, but all you better boys lax photographers overexpose to get the face out of the shadows. Clients usually want to see faces. I disagree all the rich colors were lost.

Apr 25, 2017 at 01:49 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HS Lacrosse

P Alesse wrote:

Yep! I agree.

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:02 PM
cs3is
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · HS Lacrosse

Long Shot wrote:
It is a little over exposed, but all you better boys lax photographers overexpose to get the face out of the shadows. Clients usually want to see faces. I disagree all the rich colors were lost.

Its not the exposure which is making the retinas bleed, its the cranking up of the contrast/saturation curve.Tone it down and it would look much more pleasing..

May 04, 2017 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.