FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

who needs a9 ?

scrappydog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · who needs a9 ?

nugeny wrote:
when there is the almighty Sony SLT a99 II. Tell me the reasoning, even for sports, am listening.

I am considering the A9. I shoot everything on my A7RII, including birds in flight, but only with adapted glass. The non-blackout feature, enhanced AF tracking, and FPS boost are huge upgrades for me. The key, at least when compared to A-mount, is that I can shoot my Canon 500/4 II with my A7RII (via the MB IV).

Apr 22, 2017 at 09:40 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · who needs a9 ?

scrappydog wrote:
I am considering the A9. I shoot everything on my A7RII, including birds in flight, but only with adapted glass. The non-blackout feature, enhanced AF tracking, and FPS boost are huge upgrades for me. The key, at least when compared to A-mount, is that I can shoot my Canon 500/4 II with my A7RII (via the MB IV).

wildlife? you may want to look at a99II

Apr 22, 2017 at 09:50 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · who needs a9 ?

nugeny wrote:
wildlife? you may want to look at a99II

He gave the reason why he is considering the a9: his Canon glass cannot be adapted to Sony A-mount (a99 II).

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ltgk20

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · who needs a9 ?

I am certainly loving my a99ii. I don't see why there must be only one mount. There are things the a7 series does very well. There are things the a9 will do very well. Likewise, there are things the a68, a77ii and a99ii do very well.

Instantaneous gains are hard to come by. Canon has built a lot of momentum over the years and that's not going to go away in a day. Sony needs to keep making great stuff and to keep its name in front of people often. They are slowly building momentum and if they keep going they'll get there. One thing the two mounts do for them is allow them additional camera systems and bodies to make the news. The most recent announcement that the a99ii is the 2017 TIPA Pro camera of the year is one more thing that keeps Sony's name in front of people and builds more momentum.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:24 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · who needs a9 ?

nugeny wrote:
when there is the almighty Sony SLT a99 II. Tell me the reasoning, even for sports, am listening.

A short reign for the A99, I fear.

First is obvious:

Next will soon be obvious: silent shutter. Once people start to understand some cameras are now silent, it will be harder not to be silent. A high speed silent shutter with 20fps is huge. Maybe the rolling shutter will be a problem in live sports: we'll see.

As far as video, I don't know how they compare. But mirrors are not a plus for video, I don't think. Why Sony left out their picture profiles in A9, I don't understand.

As a Wedding back the A9 is probably the best in the world right now. But you need the glass, which is not so fun. A working pro level E setup is not cheap.Maybe the A99ii is way ahead in glass option? Mainly because the E mount 70-200 f/2.8 is a bit suspect. Are those A mount 70/200 2.8 lenses good as latest Canikon?

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:02 AM
oldpaws56

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · who needs a9 ?

Looks like a very nice camera .
The joy stick is a killer for me. I came over to Sony after selling all my Canon gear and I have never liked the joy stick thing.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:40 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password