Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

HS Baseball

Ionex56

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Baseball

Baseball season is upon us... here are some shots I took at a HS Boys Varsity Baseball game today

I'd say I like the last one (#5) the best, despite not capturing any direct faces. I think it captures the action well and you can (clearly) tell what's going on - 2nd baseman jumping to catch the ball while the batter slides with his head turned towards the baseman to see if he's out.

CC would be greatly appreciated! Any tips and tricks for photographing baseball are also welcome!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/4.5    1/1600s    500 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    210mm    f/4.5    1/1600s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/4.0    1/1600s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/4.5    1/1600s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    280mm    f/4.5    1/1600s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Apr 21, 2017 at 03:53 AM
adamx12m
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Baseball

#1 is good, experiment with a more direct angle on either side of the catcher
#2, should be landscape, not alot of action since the ball is missing
#3, good, probably the best one. He sure brings his knee up high
#4, should be landscape making it a much better shot
#5, this image confuses me because the only action is the dirt, everything else is more or less hidden. Ball just needs to be closer during the slide for a tag. Not sure I like the angle of this one either, shooting low is ok for certain shots that are much closer to you but I like standing for a majority of shots.

HS you can get away with alot moving around a field, in the dugout, and I've even stood outside the dugout on the field. HS kids are funny, alot of shots in the dugout. Keep on shooting...

Apr 21, 2017 at 06:32 AM
Ionex56

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Baseball

adamx12m wrote:
#1 is good, experiment with a more direct angle on either side of the catcher
#2, should be landscape, not alot of action since the ball is missing
#3, good, probably the best one. He sure brings his knee up high
#4, should be landscape making it a much better shot
#5, this image confuses me because the only action is the dirt, everything else is more or less hidden. Ball just needs to be closer during the slide for a tag. Not sure I like the angle of this one either, shooting low is ok for certain shots that are much closer to
...Show more

#4, I agree this has to be landscape, but there was a black car to the bottom left (you can probably notice that I failed pretty hard trying to clone that out...) Trying to keep the background clean whenever possible
#5, I agree with this one too haha... all dirt and not a good angle, truth be told

Thanks for the feedback!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password