New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

Amadeo Arts

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

I'm looking for triggers that offer HSS for Nikon. My bodies include the D750 and D610, and my flash units are the SB-910, SB-700, and two SB-28 (which work manually--no iTTL with the SB-28).

What triggers are available that will offer iTTL except for the SB-28 units? I contacted Vello who mentioned these:

Trigger Set: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1035988-REG/vello_vcttl_n_captain_ttl_trigger_set.html

Extra Receivers: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1035986-REG/vello_vcttl_nr_captain_ttl_receiver_for.html

What features should I be looking for? No doubt there are other brands available, but I have no idea what to look for. Thanks for any info.

Apr 20, 2017 at 09:08 PM
webmstrk9
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

Radiopopper PX series for Nikon

http://www.radiopopper.com/px

I could trigger these in another room without skipping a beat.

Apr 20, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

Yongnuo 622s work wonderfully. Godox X1 comes close, and has the added benefit of integrating with their strobes/speedlights.

I've also heard folks say good things about the Phottix Odin system, however that seems considerably more pricey than the above two options.

Plenty of other options out there. You can't go wrong with the 622s, tho.

C

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Photozack81
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

Chris Court wrote:
Yongnuo 622s work wonderfully. Godox X1 comes close, and has the added benefit of integrating with their strobes/speedlights.

I've also heard folks say good things about the Phottix Odin system, however that seems considerably more pricey than the above two options.

Plenty of other options out there. You can't go wrong with the 622s, tho.

C

I have the Yongnuos, they work great.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Amadeo Arts

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm looking at all of them. Does PocketWizard make anything that would work?

Is there a preference of a radio signal over other ways of communication?

Apr 21, 2017 at 06:41 AM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · High Speed Sync triggers for Nikon

hark wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm looking at all of them. Does PocketWizard make anything that would work?

Is there a preference of a radio signal over other ways of communication?

PW offers the FlexTT5, MiniTT1 and AC-3 products that work well with Nikon gear. You would need a MiniTT1 and AC-3 for the camera, and a FlexTT5 for each off-camera flash.

You can probably find used PW's on the Buy/Sell forum at reasonable prices. If you go that route, just be sure you're getting the Nikon versions.

Radio devices, IMO, are the only way to go.

Apr 21, 2017 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.