1       2      
       end

Porsche 911 Camber Plates

lowside67
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

Bruce n Philly wrote:
I tried adding as much negative camber to the fronts as the stock system would allow.... it livened up what I think is really dead handling from the factory but it came with a cost.... I started getting cupping.

Cupping is typically a sign of incorrect toe, not the result of additional camber.

I drive a BMW with -3.5 degrees of front camber and while the tires wear a little more on the inside than the outside (on the streets, the track tires are perfectly evenly worn), there are no other negative effects.

-Mark

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:14 AM
wifi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

Awesome product photos.

Like others, I was a bit confused when I saw those photos on FR having just come from Pelican. I have two air cooled 911s ('73 & '77), so I instantly recognized the parts. I'm using the Rennline monoball strut mounts in the '77, and have been happy with them (not harsh as some expect them to be).

Apr 30, 2017 at 04:52 AM
raceroy

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

No additional caster adjustment?
Great images!

Apr 30, 2017 at 05:23 PM
Ed Sawyer
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

What Mark said - toe out (or god forbid, in) is what will really kill tires. I run an aggressive alignment with quite a bit of toe-out up front, which makes for good turn-in, but will eat tires fairly quickly. Just -1.5 to -2 degrees of static camber won't affect tire wear much if at all really. Some, but not enough to worry about.

These look like nice camber plates (nice shot too!) but they don't seem to have any adjustment? Are they just offset to a preset amount? All the camber plates I've used on cars with front struts have either sliding bearings with slots, or an eccentric that allows fine-tuning camber (and caster too, usually).

May 10, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

Ed - The entire plate shown here slides left right front back under the shock tower to adjust both caster and camber. The plates you're referring to are the "quick adjust" plates where you can lock in your caster and then adjust the camber separately in the middle of the plate - from side to side, supposedly without affecting toe, but those are even more expensive than these - $630 a pair I think.

May 11, 2017 at 01:32 AM
fredster
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

Well done. That is spot on! I had commented on your image before I guess I forgot to hit send reply.

May 12, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

Thanks fredster, and now I'm seeing Elephant Raciing ads here inside of Fred Miranda. The internet works in mysterious ways.

May 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Bruce n Philly
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Porsche 911 Camber Plates

lowside67 wrote:
Cupping is typically a sign of incorrect toe, not the result of additional camber.

I drive a BMW with -3.5 degrees of front camber and while the tires wear a little more on the inside than the outside (on the streets, the track tires are perfectly evenly worn), there are no other negative effects.

-Mark

I just did an alignment.... I had a total toe of -1 degree.... you were right, that was what did it.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

May 13, 2017 at 01:26 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password