New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Street Performer

Kevin T
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Street Performer

I grabbed a series of this guy scarring people in Waikiki. He had a couple of cap guns and would spring into action and get a reaction for tips. I was across the street reaching over with my flash. After a while he turned around to see where the flash came from and I got this one that was one of my favorites of the 20 or so I took. This is a crop to remove some of the distractions in the window on the right and the bottom that showed the sidewalk tiles and some other distracting stuff. Curious if this works for you guys or any comments that come to mind. Thanks

Oh I decided to add the second one that also works for me of the unsuspecting customer coming out of the store. My lens was too slow to get good shots of the reactions right in front of the guy unfortunately. :-(

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Street Performer

Wow, really?! This seems like an excellent way to get yourself shot by someone.

This guy must not have too much sense.

As for the pics - def prefer the first one. Pretty neat pose you captured here! I like how the subject is all black and the rest of the scene is lighter/neutral. Nice connecting with the "pulling" from the holster and the two "Pull" signs on the door.

The detractors here seem to be on the extremes. The flash might have been a bit too powerful as you've got some big time highlight issues in the face as well as in the legs/holster with the leather. There are also portions of the face that should probably be brought up some in terms of exposure to bring out more detail. I gave this a slight crop to hone in more on the man in black.

I do get some sense of panic/wtf when viewing this, but it's fleeting and the shot just isn't a real connection for me.

Cheers!

Jeff

Apr 19, 2017 at 01:42 PM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Street Performer

I know you are right about the overcooked flash. I had a shot or two where I nailed it but it wasn't the best shots IMO. This is more representative of the colors of the better ones. It was a tough to get right, for me, shot! There were headlights from the busy street lighting the guy up and I was just playing with my flash for the first time.

Better color

cowboy checking cell phone messages!

Apr 19, 2017 at 02:36 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Street Performer

As our eldest would say "That dude ain't right in the head!" - good way to get yourself shot (and not with a camera) in today's world.

Bob

Apr 20, 2017 at 08:54 AM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Street Performer

Gun violence is very rare out here and guns themselves don't seem to be part of the societal fabric like some parts of the mainland. Waikiki is just a big walking outdoor shopping mall for the Asian tourists who seemed to really enjoy the "cowboy"!

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Street Performer

Kevin T wrote:
Gun violence is very rare out here and guns themselves don't seem to be part of the societal fabric like some parts of the mainland. Waikiki is just a big walking outdoor shopping mall for the Asian tourists who seemed to really enjoy the "cowboy"!

Count your blessings

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:24 AM
Leticia Costa

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Street Performer

Princess cowboy

Apr 22, 2017 at 04:44 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.