New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Trading Your A7RII for an A9?

raminolta

Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Trading Your A7RII for an A9?

chiron wrote:
In any case, I may wait for the summer when I hope Sony will announce the next model FF.

Do you really hope Sony will release another ff this Summer? Not that I am against it but, I doubt it. I think it is reasonable that Sony will release the next ff camera around Summer 2018 which may be an A7r iii or A7s iii.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM
scrappydog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Trading Your A7RII for an A9?

chiron wrote:
I just sold my excellent condition 5d3 yesterday and it is sitting in its shipping box ready to get mailed today. I have been doing the switch from Canon, building an FE lens collection and waiting for the new FF cameras from Sony while using the 6xxx series. I am not sure the A9 is quite the right FF for me, though I love the unblacked out evf, the physical controls, better AF, and hopefully better DR and low light/high ISO. I am not selling my Canon lenses YET--adapters are getting better and maybe Canon will wake up and intro
...Show more

I went through the same process as you. It was hard for me to let the 5D3 go. After shooting the A7R2 for a year, I am past the sense of loss because the Sony IQ is so good. I have kept my Canon 16-35/4, 24-70/2.8 II, 40 pancake, 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400 II, 400/5.6, and 500/4 II. With the MB IV, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. One nice upgrade for me was getting the Techart Pro, VC 15 III, ZM 35/1.4, and ZM 85/4. It you want to go small, the M-mount glass is a great option.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:43 PM
chiron
• •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Trading Your A7RII for an A9?

raminolta wrote:
Do you really hope Sony will release another ff this Summer? Not that I am against it but, I doubt it. I think it is reasonable that Sony will release the next ff camera around Summer 2018 which may be an A7r iii or A7s iii.

I certainly don't know, but Sony tends to release cameras pretty quickly, at least up to this point. The A7rII is two years old now. It is certainly still a great camera, but Sony has new technology to throw at their market now. Hard to see them waiting another 18 months, especially if they want to drive home the idea that they are a major player with (or beyond) Canon and Nikon.

Apr 26, 2017 at 12:48 AM
chiron
• •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Trading Your A7RII for an A9?

scrappydog wrote:
I went through the same process as you. It was hard for me to let the 5D3 go. After shooting the A7R2 for a year, I am past the sense of loss because the Sony IQ is so good. I have kept my Canon 16-35/4, 24-70/2.8 II, 40 pancake, 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400 II, 400/5.6, and 500/4 II. With the MB IV, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. One nice upgrade for me was getting the Techart Pro, VC 15 III, ZM 35/1.4, and ZM 85/4. It you want to go small, the M-mount glass is a
...Show more

Great set of lenses--it would certainly be hard to let them go. Which version of the MB firmware are you using and getting such good results with the long lenses?

Apr 26, 2017 at 12:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password