Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
  

a9
  
 
BSPhotog
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · a9




Ziffl3 wrote:
no offence ... but that is in spray and prey territory.
I have yet to fill a buffer shooting through a moment. Either with the 5Dmkiii or iv.

Happy hunting.

-Mark




"Spray and Pray" has such a negative connotation. One could also thoughtfully frame a scene and fill the buffer with continuous shots at maximum FPS. "Spray and Pray" sounds like holding down the shutter and pointing your camera in the general direction of stuff.



Apr 26, 2017 at 03:14 PM
heikoM
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · a9


ZachOly wrote:
The 5D3 has like a 12 shot buffer, which is nothing when you're shooting quick moving stuff (first looks, presentational, PJ portraits, etc.).

I realize some people don't shoot like that, but I, and lots of others, do.




Two Mann shoot about 10.000 images a day. They used to do that with the 5D3. Sure it is the buffer that holds you back?

heiko



Apr 26, 2017 at 03:38 PM
ZachOly
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · a9


I'm not here to defend the 12 shot buffer on the 5D3 (or D750, etc.). If a shallow buffer works for you, then what do I care?

And on the same token, what does it matter if I fire off at 6fps for several 1-2 second bursts during some action? I'm not praying I get a shot, I'm hoping I get lucky and get the shot.



Apr 26, 2017 at 04:40 PM
Michael Beard
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · a9


heikoM wrote:
Two Mann shoot about 10.000 images a day. They used to do that with the 5D3. Sure it is the buffer that holds you back?

heiko


I would say that's on the low side of what they shoot per wedding!



Apr 26, 2017 at 05:31 PM
Ziffl3
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · a9


fyi ... me just having a little fun ..... I think I have hit the buffer limit once or twice.

.....but nothing that stops me from capturing the moment.




Apr 26, 2017 at 06:24 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · a9


One of the dpreview thoughts about the a9 is how much it will cost for you to switch, but...can't you use adapters and get very good focusing ability on Sony cameras using other brands' lenses? If so, it actually makes the switch much easier than with most systems - just trade bodies and keep the lenses.


Apr 27, 2017 at 02:45 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ZachOly
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · a9


Embargo is over. The reviews are....mixed


Apr 27, 2017 at 03:19 PM
BSPhotog
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · a9


form wrote:
One of the dpreview thoughts about the a9 is how much it will cost for you to switch, but...can't you use adapters and get very good focusing ability on Sony cameras using other brands' lenses? If so, it actually makes the switch much easier than with most systems - just trade bodies and keep the lenses.


My understanding is Canon - yes, Nikon - no. There is also that cool AF adapter for M-mount if you happened to be a dentist or anesthesiologist with lots of Leica glass sitting around.



Apr 27, 2017 at 03:37 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · a9


Well that gives me an odd incentive to stop selling off my canon lenses that I'm selling because I switched to nikon a while back...

I really don't like Nikon's lens flare. For some reason it seems 10x worse than any Canon lenses I ever used, whether in the contrast reduction or the nature of how it does it...or, especially, with the 24g's very undesirable internal reflections/etc.

I wouldn't miss my Nikon lenses half as much as I already miss my Canon lenses. I shall now wait for money to fall through my ceiling (insurance) so I can afford a pair of a9's.



Apr 27, 2017 at 10:20 PM
zalmyb
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · a9


BSPhotog wrote:
My understanding is Canon - yes, Nikon - no. There is also that cool AF adapter for M-mount if you happened to be a dentist or anesthesiologist with lots of Leica glass sitting around.


Leica is not the only one who made m or ltm mount lenses

And they do now have an AF adapter for Nikon glass.



Apr 27, 2017 at 10:28 PM
BSPhotog
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · a9


zalmyb wrote:
Leica is not the only one who made m or ltm mount lenses

And they do now have an AF adapter for Nikon glass.


I've heard that the Nikon adapter exists, but it has checkered reviews and supposedly there are cases of it damaging equipment. Also, it only works on modern G & E Nikkor lenses. It sounds like the Canon adapter is a more realistic and useable solution at this point in time.




Apr 28, 2017 at 01:22 AM
1       2       3      
4
       end






FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password