Or a lowly educator!

Apr 29, 2017 at 07:18 PM
flash
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · a9

ZachOly wrote:
I have.

The 5D2 was downright awful in terms of auto-focus. And stock shadow recovery? Forget about it.

The Fuji X-T1 that everyone hyped up was atrocious for focusing on moving subjects.

My workhouse, the 5D3, has a very shallow buffer, and during portions of the day like a first look, I have to worry about the buffer while shooting.

Every piece of gear I've owned has limitations, at some point. New gear just has different limitations. When I first started I was taught not to look at what a camera couldn't do but just to concentrate on the areas it could do and shoot the shit out of that.

Limitations are good. We need boundaries in our gear. Infinite DR would be a terrible thing. An unlimited buffer means sorting 20K shots for one wedding. Yuck....

That is not saying being told one thing and finding out that the XT-1 doesn't follow focus well isn't incredibly annoying. All I'm saying is that the limitations are small compared to the possibilities which are endless. It's about mindset.

I'm currently shooting with a system that has exactly ONE prime lens available. Just so happens that one lens is fanbloodytastic. So I'm shooting it to death and all I can see is what I can do with that lens. I'm not worried at all that I don't have any other primes to shoot with (there's a couple of zooms as well) because I'm enjoying exploring what this lens can do so much.

Gordon

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Michael Beard
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · a9

ZachOly wrote:
Officially out.

Just bought a new 5D4 for $2900 USD ($3950 CAD).

I couldn't wait any longer as my season is kicking into prime time in a few weeks.

Make sure you pick up a fast SD card (assuming you shoot dual cards). I made the mistake of using one of my SD cards that was sufficiently fast enough for the 5D3 in the 5D4 on our first wedding this year and it was annoying.

Apr 30, 2017 at 02:55 PM
1       2       3       4      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password