Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

My next camera: 1Dx mark II or 5D mark IV | Update: 1Dx o...

sungphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · My next camera: 1Dx mark II or 5D mark IV | Update: 1Dx or 5D4?

TeamSpeed wrote:
There should be no discernible lag at 120fps refresh. And my comment was that the EVF contains something pretty close to a 1080P monitor shrunken down to an LCD display that is perhaps .5" in physical dimensions with an eyepiece multiplier that might be .7x.

If a 1080P monitor has been good enough for years for laptops, tablets, etc. at normal viewing distances, then looking at something like that shrunken down through an eyepiece that might emulate the monitor being at some reasonable viewing distance, the resolution should be good.

There are so very few mirrorless that have that kind of EVF
...Show more

I'm sure no one wants to make this a mirrorless debate, but just wanted to point out that EVF lag is affected by more than just hertz/refresh rate. There is still discernible lag in even top end cameras like the A9, albeit much improved over older cameras. Upping the resolution makes the lag that much worse.

Granted most enthusiasts will find the amount of lag in the A9 acceptable for all but the most demanding action shooting, but there's still advantages to OVFs that can't be replicated by an EVF.

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:44 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password