FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Zion at sunset

kellyakinsart
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zion at sunset

Rather than shooting Watchman from the Highway 9 bridge again, I tried to find some angles along the river that were different than usual. Shot these last week.
Let me know what you think.

Kelly

Apr 17, 2017 at 01:31 PM
ChrisAttebery
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zion at sunset

I like the angles you've chosen. On the first picture you might want to brighten up the shadows so you can see some detail on the tree. The second looks like a more even exposure. Maybe brighten up the colors a bit.

If you get the chance maybe you could try the same shots with a longer exposure. The water looks like you're in the no man's land between a sharp capture and the smooth long exposure look. This is one of the things I want to try this year myself.

Apr 17, 2017 at 01:55 PM
GingerRoyal

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zion at sunset

wow the photos are just unreal

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zion at sunset

Hi Kelly,

I really like #2 as it showcases a thoughtful approach to the composition of the two main trees. I'm looking at this on a phone, but I don't have issue with detail in the shadows because it's a naturally contrasty scene. I'll disagree with Chris on the water texture. It shows movement workout losing all texture, and this is within my go to shutterspeed.

#1 has a few issues with a cut off feel to the main tree and a few leaves looking in at the edge on the right.

Tim

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM
kellyakinsart
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zion at sunset

Thanks all for the comments and constructive criticism.
Tim, thanks for pointing out the distracting branches in the edge of the photo in #1. I'll take care of those. I had to clone a lot of branches out of #2 so I think I just forgot about the edges of #1.

Kelly

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:27 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.