New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · LR & ACR not In Sync

ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR & ACR not In Sync

So I'm getting this error message, pretty annoying. I've had this in the past when I needed to do an update, but according to CC all my apps are up to date. Are we just in awkward stage where LR got updated first and Adobe hasn't updated PS?

Apr 16, 2017 at 06:57 PM
Heliopsis

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR & ACR not In Sync

I have the same issue, Adobe is aware of it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/compatibility-warning-with-edit-in.html

Apr 17, 2017 at 03:32 PM
butchM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR & ACR not In Sync

From the Adobe Lightroom Journal blog ... "The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom." .... It appears this update is keeping pace by introducing as many new/different bugs as they claim to have squashed.

It's too bad that Adobe seems to be content to forego proper testing before they release an update. Apparently they are quite comfortable with the policy to treat their subscribers as pay-to-play beta testers.

If they didn't encounter one incident of this Lr-ACR mismatch during in-house testing or by one of their inner circle private beta testers ... they really need to broaden that base. Reviewing the number of incidents and growing list of forum discussions across the net, this mismatch issue isn't the result of an obscure outlier causation.

I don't ever expect any software to be perfect, however, over the past year (or more) Adobe's track record for these bug fix maintenance updates has not been good at all. Someone has been asleep at the wheel.

Apr 18, 2017 at 07:49 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.