Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

uhoh7
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

Hi everyone

I'm working with a A7rii. EFCS, as some research tells me, is better below about 1000, but mechanical shutter is superior above.

So I need to switch, like all the time.

So far, I can't find a simple way to switch on the fly. I was hoping the memory would help, but it does not remember EFCS.

Do we really have to dig down to switch every time?

TY in advance,
Charlie

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:02 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

There is no way to do it as a custom button, so you must go through the menu. If you use it all the time, practice getting to it fast.
I would say it's only really important with fast lenses (f/1.4) at shutter speeds above 1/2000s.
Yes, you can see the ill effect starting at 1/1000s but it's very minimal. The main issue is when shooting from 1/3200 to 1/8000s.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:32 PM
MAubrey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

Create memory settings for both, then you could just change the dial on the top.

Apr 16, 2017 at 08:50 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

MAubrey wrote:
Create memory settings for both, then you could just change the dial on the top.

Does EFCS get added to the memory?

Apr 16, 2017 at 09:23 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

MAubrey wrote:

That was my plan: impossible.

Only camera settings are changed in memory, plus a few addition ones. Nothing on the "gear" menu

You cannot even place a switch in the function menu.

It's crazy to always have to deal with the issue. But since I shoot lots of daylight, and lots of evening, plus I like to shoot fast AND slow, even in daylight I have to deal with it.

I know boo hoo

For now I'm training myself to leave the menu on that page. Then it is possible to switch without looking away.

One thing I've learned: the sony menu world is their OS, which they use In a ton of cameras. Hence they don't like to change it alot. But as features come in they are often added strangely, like the eye focus.

I notice their is now a "Open Memories" store, but so far I can't find what's in there.

Apr 16, 2017 at 02:29 PM
dumplinknet
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

Can anyone link me to a good tutorial on using the Memory Settings with tips and tricks? I exclusively use Aperture Priority and change settings as they occur.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A7rii: fast way to get EFCS on and off?

uhoh7 wrote:
That was my plan: impossible.

Only camera settings are changed in memory, plus a few addition ones. Nothing on the "gear" menu

You cannot even place a switch in the function menu.

It's crazy to always have to deal with the issue. But since I shoot lots of daylight, and lots of evening, plus I like to shoot fast AND slow, even in daylight I have to deal with it.

I know boo hoo

For now I'm training myself to leave the menu on that page. Then it is possible to switch without looking away.

One thing I've learned: the sony menu world
...Show more

That's what I thought...That are some menu settings like "compressed/Uncompressed" RAW that gets added to a memory setting..unfortunately EFCS and crop mode can't.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.