Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

I was just contacted by someone who claimed to live in Brazil but said that a friend of his in Miami would act as his buying agent if I was willing to ship my flash equipment to his friend.

Anyone else selling stuff getting offers like this?

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

Yep...just ignore.

Apr 14, 2017 at 06:50 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

yup..got same thing like that. Just tell him to f- off. They will stop the communication.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

This is in no way new..been going on for years!
Did you report him and post?

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:38 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

You shouldn't even get involved with "friends" of FM users. I got burned selling a body that way.

Live and learn!

Jeff

Apr 18, 2017 at 01:35 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

Brazil has a high tax rate, so he may just be trying to get something by the tax man. I've sold to a guy in India that has a brother in Buffalo, NY who then gets it to him. Not everyone's a forum scammer.

Apr 19, 2017 at 05:18 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Brazil has a high tax rate, so he may just be trying to get something by the tax man. I've sold to a guy in India that has a brother in Buffalo, NY who then gets it to him. Not everyone's a forum scammer.

I concur! I am more than happy, and have done a few of these "tax bypasses", to sell to someone in the USA as an intermediary for a foreign buyer. I even sold an high dollar item by holding the item, after he paid, until the gentleman came to Las Vegas for a vacation with his family from Europe. Once he notified me he was here, I sent it Overnight to the Concierge at the hotel for delivery. It was paid for and the buyer trusted me enough to hold then ship. Seamless transaction!
It is all about communication!!!
Gud Goin' "NOC"!
Dan

Apr 21, 2017 at 07:58 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

Dan, I went and checked out the Brazilian buyer's feedback, and it does appear that is what was going on was shipping to a friend who then got it to Brazil somehow. Signature confirmation and insurance are good tools to use in a case like that.

Danpbphoto wrote:
I concur! I am more than happy, and have done a few of these "tax bypasses", to sell to someone in the USA as an intermediary for a foreign buyer. I even sold an high dollar item by holding the item, after he paid, until the gentleman came to Las Vegas for a vacation with his family from Europe. Once he notified me he was here, I sent it Overnight to the Concierge at the hotel for delivery. It was paid for and the buyer trusted me enough to hold then ship. Seamless transaction!
It is all about communication!!!
Gud Goin' "NOC"!
Dan

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

I recall sometime long ago on a board far away, I saw an ad on something or another that I was for the moment enchanted with. Price was almost too good to be true, member w/ little feedback, 1 or 2 positive by members also w very little feedback. Seller lived in CT. So I recall saying I'd be interested in his item, I'd pay his $, but, because I was to be out of town, after receiving payment in full from me, would he be willing with proper written authorization from me to deliver it to a very dear friend of mine who was a CT State Trooper and in whose jurisdiction seller lived. Funny thing: never heard another word from the guy and his listing disappeared. Wonder why?

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:44 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

^^ @ Anthony -

Apr 21, 2017 at 03:35 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Dan, I went and checked out the Brazilian buyer's feedback, and it does appear that is what was going on was shipping to a friend who then got it to Brazil somehow. Signature confirmation and insurance are good tools to use in a case like that.

Yes, I CYA doing this also! But as I stated..once "due diligence" is performed...all precautions taken...sale went excellant! I forgot to add that I did call the Las Vegas hotel Concierge(?) 1st to let him know what was going on. They were overly helpful! He called me when it was delivered to him and called me back when the buyer registered and picked up the package.
Dan

Apr 22, 2017 at 08:27 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

anthonysemone wrote:
I recall sometime long ago on a board far away, I saw an ad on something or another that I was for the moment enchanted with. Price was almost too good to be true, member w/ little feedback, 1 or 2 positive by members also w very little feedback. Seller lived in CT. So I recall saying I'd be interested in his item, I'd pay his $, but, because I was to be out of town, after receiving payment in full from me, would he be willing with proper written authorization from me to deliver it to a very dear
...Show more
Heh Brother! Yeah I too have had this happen....but all my "like" sales to foreign buyers coming to US for vacation, visits whatever have gone 100% fine. But as NOC and myself state, and I know you know this, you HAVE to be aware of what is going on and be VERY pro-active in the sale.
S/F Bro!
Dan

Apr 22, 2017 at 08:30 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SCAMMERS in the FS forums?

I agree with Dan and have also sold this way. Do due diligence and remember the biggest risk is on the buyer. I don't ship until I am 100% certain the money I have received is mine for keeps.

Apr 22, 2017 at 08:58 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.