New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Viera

sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Viera

I no longer know if I go for the landscapes or the birding. This visit the birds won out.
But here is one landscape.
Struggled with crop, some questions about processing

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:30 PM
Kevin T
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Viera

I am really drawn to the reflections of the trees in the left foreground. Looks like a dry brush treatment in a painting. To me the quality of that effect makes the entire right half of the image less interesting.

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:52 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Viera

Hey Scott, and I always enjoy looking at your engaging work.

The composition works well for me, but it's the light that seems problematic. I'm not sure if it's the time of day you shot this or your processing, but there is the appearance of a strong sun that I feel is unflattering to this landscape.

I should preface this by stating that I'm not a landscape photographer, so please take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

I've always been told that landscape photographers do their best photography from sunrise to 10Am, then fold up their tent, and come back at 4pm and photograph until sunset. The early morning or late afternoon light provides a mood and sometimes drama that make landscapes pop.

Perhaps Ben or Jim or Kent can add their 2 cents, or maybe tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Steve

Apr 13, 2017 at 09:02 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Viera

a re-work, attempting to restore a bit more contrast to the right side, which feels too flat to me

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Apr 13, 2017 at 09:15 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Viera

if you wanna play....
SOOC

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Apr 14, 2017 at 08:26 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.