New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Prime lens kit selection for road trip landscape traveling

tzhang4284
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Prime lens kit selection for road trip landscape traveling

Of the four lenses you listed, i would take the Batis 18, Sony 35mm f2.8, Batis 85 and either a Leica 180mm APO-Teylt, Sony 70-300mm FE G or a Sony RX10 III instead of the Minolta.

The weakest lens on your list is that Minolta 200mm f4 for telephoto images - I would consider a zoom that doesn't add much weight or go for much better quality and get the Leica for $800 give or take on eBay. Alternatively, consider something like the RX10 III in lieu of the Minolta 200mm. I don't own a RX10 III but I think bridge zooms like that are made for trips like yours.

My personal kit for such a trip would be the Loxia 21, Loxia 35, Loxia 85 and a Sony RX10 III. I think that would cover all my needs from a quality and flexibility perspective.

Either way sounds like a great trip - i've been to all the places on the first half of your list and loved it - enjoy! For the SF to LA leg of your trip, take the Pacific Coast Highway if you have a day to spare - much more scenic than the I5.

Apr 14, 2017 at 03:01 PM
makadaka

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Prime lens kit selection for road trip landscape traveling

tzhang4284 wrote:
Either way sounds like a great trip - i've been to all the places on the first half of your list and loved it - enjoy! For the SF to LA leg of your trip, take the Pacific Coast Highway if you have a day to spare - much more scenic than the I5.

Beware, PCH is currently closed near Big Sur because of a bridge collapse at the Julia Pfeiffer State Park. Check your route options. It's well worth figuring out a detour but it will take time.

Apr 14, 2017 at 05:53 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Prime lens kit selection for road trip landscape traveling

i have the 14-24mm right now that i use with my A7r, but am selling it next month and going to replace it with a CVIII 15mm and Loxia 21mm 2.8. I would go with the Loxia 18mm, but i have been told the Loxia 21mm is THAT much better than the 18mm - unless i have heard wrong?

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.