Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

eke2k6
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

The MM is the best photography purchase I've made since I started weddings. The durable leather means it will last for years to come, and the straps are wide enough to evenly distribute the almost 5 pounds of gripped FF bodies, 4 pounds of fast sigma glass, and flashes. I can never go back to shooting a wedding without them. My back is so much better now.

Apr 14, 2017 at 07:24 PM
InSanE
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I found the best way is to have an assistant carry everything.

Apr 14, 2017 at 07:27 PM
leethecam
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Black Rapid twin strap with an extra couple of home made safety clips, just in case.

I'll have 2x 5D3's with grips, 24-70 / 70-200 / speedlight on me at all times and I like to reach and have the right camera/lens within a second to get those fleeting moments.

FWIW, the newer BR straps have much nicer clips nowadays.

Apr 14, 2017 at 08:30 PM
Giules

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

eke2k6 wrote:
The MM is the best photography purchase I've made since I started weddings. The durable leather means it will last for years to come, and the straps are wide enough to evenly distribute the almost 5 pounds of gripped FF bodies, 4 pounds of fast sigma glass, and flashes. I can never go back to shooting a wedding without them. My back is so much better now.

I concur.

I find the Money Maker far better looking than any of the solutions or even your basic camera over your neck/shoulder. I've had nothing but compliments and people liking the way it looked. My wife also jokes around that it looks like bondage gear, but the jokes stop when I suggest wearing it to bed.

Apr 16, 2017 at 03:38 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I have never used anything that fits how I shoot like the holdfast setup. I know some people like to hate on it, and that's fine...but I always hated trying to shoot with two bodies and regular straps. I was always about to drop one camera or having to set one on the ground to ensure that I didn't drop it. But, once I used the holdfast harness, I was set. I have tried a few other things since then, but nothing has even come close.

Apr 16, 2017 at 04:52 PM
BSPhotog
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Just as a side bar, does anyone other than Matthew Swaggart use the back D-rings on their MM? Or even the front ones? I tried a third camera, but it was awkward IMO.

Apr 17, 2017 at 05:35 AM
Oscarsmadness
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

tag for further reading...

Holdfast lives several miles from where I live, and I might check them out one day if they take visitors. I'm leaning toward a hip-based system though.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM
mellofelow

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

JandALight wrote:
Concept taken from dhp_sf's old setup, but I have a single Spider Holster on my right hip, then I use the standard sized Peak Design seatbelt-looking strap to sling over my right shoulder to hang by my left hip.

For a few years I used Joby sling straps and found it tiresome at the end of a long day. But few months ago I changed to the setup exactly the same as JandALight. However, my Spider is a knock off version I personally think it's better because the base plate is arca swiss compatible. Since there's very little time to capture wedding details, instant tripod mount is vital.

Not only weddings, but also sporting events I often have 2 1DX bodies and this setup has been a big relief on my shoulders and back.

Apr 18, 2017 at 05:17 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

^Agreed. I used the MM for several years and love the quickness of grabbing and dropping an alternate body. But I finally came to realize the reason I was having knots in my back and neck all the time was due to the MM. Maybe it's the way I shoot, I don't know. But I've been using the Spider Holster for some months now and my shoulders and neck are way better.

Apr 18, 2017 at 06:20 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I had the Camera Slingers for years (early MM-like product). Health professionals were telling me to get the weight of my shoulders so Spider Holsters it is. No complaints.

Apr 18, 2017 at 07:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jefzor

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Does anyone have experience with the Holdfast Camera Swagg line? Is it the same quality and ergonomics as the MM? I'm looking to buy either that one or the moneymaker.

Apr 18, 2017 at 08:22 PM
Ken_Cravillion
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I currently use a RL Handcrafts leather double strap LINK and love it more than the Black Rapid that I used to use. And strangely enough at the weddings that I used it at last year it was the single most commented on piece of gear by guests and wedding party. Not bad comments either. All thought it was awesome.

Picture:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLTjkPGgE48/?taken-by=kgcphoto

Apr 18, 2017 at 08:37 PM
flash
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I recently switched from the Dual Rapid Strap to the money maker (slim version). Mostly I'm happy with the switch. The MM crossover at the back seems to distribute the weight better than the Rapid Straps which are really just two shoulder straps bungeed together.

What I don't really like are the camera clips. They're a pain to hook up and I think they're form over function. I'm thinking of replacing them with a couple of BR camera clips.

I do like the MM attachments though. And the extended ones are great. I replaced most of the screws in my Arca Swiss plates with the MM ones so now I can go from strap to tripod in a flash...

Gordon

Apr 18, 2017 at 09:21 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

flash wrote:
They're a pain to hook up and I think they're form over function.
Gordon

They are and the only bone of contention for me and a lot of other people too. Many people wished they would bring back the original version.

Apr 18, 2017 at 09:29 PM
markcapilitan
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

17 years using normal straps, one on each shoulder! Don't use the Canon brand ones as they don't last long, so use UpStrap ones, never slip off, even if running!
Tried the Spider Holster for 1 wedding, put it on ebay the next day! Not for me. Back to straps!

Apr 19, 2017 at 01:08 PM
MrGubrz

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

i love the way holdfast leather looks
but i hear a lot of people had color transfer issues onto their clothes!
plus they are $$$
you can get a cheap BR double cam ripoff on amazon for under $20
quality is totally fine, its just nylon and stitching.. its not complicated!

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:46 AM
d831
• •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

MrGubrz wrote:
quality is totally fine, its just nylon and stitching.. its not complicated!

Famous last words!

Apr 22, 2017 at 03:42 AM
evertdoorn
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Spider holster (just the clip on a belt) and shoulder strap, or perhaps two shoulder straps. Do have a MM but don't use it because I don't like the camera's dangling around and find it not very quick to undo them, which is a pain if I'm low to the ground. Best support system is my assistant

Apr 22, 2017 at 06:31 AM
majix

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I use op/tech for over a year , it is not a good looking one but more comfortable than leather straps . it has 2 connection points to the camera so safer than others like black rapid . I also bought a single strap from this brand and I can use single or double strap without changing the connection brackets on my cameras .

https://www.amazon.com/OP-TECH-USA-6501042-Harness/dp/B002IUOAFQ/ref=sr_1_16?srs=7354514011&ie=UTF8&qid=1493332700&sr=8-16&keywords=double

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:39 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password