Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

juvx
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I've seen a lot of differant systems, from Holdfast moneymaker, Spider holster and clips, blackrapid dual staps, etc

Which one do you like the best and why?

Lets assume its for 2 x full frame dslrs with battery grips.

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:11 PM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I've been using either Domke or Think Tank straps for more than a decade. You put one camera over each shoulder. No need to over think it. I'm so sick of the leather sex straps that everyone loves. This is all you need:

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/camera-strap-v2

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:50 PM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I don't care how comfortable that stuff is, zero chance I'm showing up to a wedding in equestrian gear or looking like I'm ready to jump out of a plane.

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:51 PM
juvx
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Haha. Other than weddings I usually don't use straps at all (for portraits/ fashion, etc) . But after 6 hours my back starts hurting pretty bad. I can't stand normal straps because they slide off my shoulders.

t4haughton wrote:
I don't care how comfortable that stuff is, zero chance I'm showing up to a wedding in equestrian gear or looking like I'm ready to jump out of a plane.

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:58 PM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Holdfast for me, but definitely appreciate the times of the day I can survive with light primes

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:09 PM
JandALight
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Concept taken from dhp_sf's old setup, but I have a single Spider Holster on my right hip, then I use the standard sized Peak Design seatbelt-looking strap to sling over my right shoulder to hang by my left hip. Couple other lenses and sundries in a ThinkTank Restrospective 7 shoulder bag. Everything black nylon or canvas/cloth.

I've tried using the cool looking Holdfast stuff a bunch of times, but I just can't get into it. Unlike some in here, I think it looks a lot neater than the nylon seatbelt material looking things hanging off me at a wedding, but I'm just not destined to look cool :-(

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I look like batman ( a little) but I use black rapid dual straps and thinktank belt. I work alone so I need to have most everything on me all the time. one body with a 70-200 and the other with a 17-55 (crop bodies).

Paul

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

t4haughton wrote:

Zero chance I would show up with 2 black straps looking like a utility repairman.
But to each there own.....

Apr 14, 2017 at 01:48 AM
BSPhotog
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I love my HoldFast sex straps. I am, however, thinking about taking off all of those D-rings. Damn I wish I had the black hardware, too.

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:23 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

t4haughton wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Saw a guy fitted out in this sort of stuff last year. Looked like he was going to some sort of photographic war with crap hanging off him everywhere. Probably would have looked better dressed in fatigues under it as well.
My Daughter was the first to comment on his Hero attitude and he looked like a complete wanker. Exactly what the Mrs and I were thinking as well.

Never had any problems with plain old fashioned straps... either for a camera or a bag over my shoulder for carrying extras. I carried much heavier setups for years when I did sports work and never had a problem.

If I ever flt the need for this other type stuff I'd get out the webbing I bought at the army Disposals and all the pouches and Bandoleer I used to have when I did IPSC and action Pistol shooting. Could have all my lenses and crap as well as a drink bottle, torch, rambo knife, smoke grenades and my Holsters just for good measure and to set the look off.

These other things remind me of accessories in the automotive market.
Their most practical function and the need they fulfil most is making profit for the people making them and selling them than having a real and actual practical use.

The laughable pretense of calling a camera strap " Money maker" would be enough for me to be too embarrassed to own such a product let alone the price!
$250-500 for a camera strap?? You got to be shitting me!

Pretty sure you could get the same thing in any red light district at a good BDSM outfitters for a fraction of the price and be able to accessorize it with a nice whip, some chain, handcuffs, those rubber balls you strap in the mouth ( Now that would be something worthwhile for those whingey Bridezilla's!) and a set of leather chaps or pants with no arse in them. Oh, and the leather peaked cap as well.

Bitchin!

But, as said, each to their own.

Moneymaker $400

Bondage gear $45.

Apr 14, 2017 at 05:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

SvdWijst

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I use dual Spider holsters. Very pleased with it.

Apr 14, 2017 at 05:27 AM
heikoM
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

(0:

heiko

Apr 14, 2017 at 07:57 AM
BSPhotog
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

JandALight wrote:
Concept taken from dhp_sf's old setup, but I have a single Spider Holster on my right hip, then I use the standard sized Peak Design seatbelt-looking strap to sling over my right shoulder to hang by my left hip. Couple other lenses and sundries in a ThinkTank Restrospective 7 shoulder bag. Everything black nylon or canvas/cloth.

I've tried using the cool looking Holdfast stuff a bunch of times, but I just can't get into it. Unlike some in here, I think it looks a lot neater than the nylon seatbelt material looking things hanging off me at a wedding, but
...Show more

That's funny, I always that my MM was really functional but definitely made me look uncool. Lol

Apr 14, 2017 at 01:33 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Well I love my MM and it is incredibly comfortable and functional, far better than any generic camera strap that I have ever owned or used in the past.

I don't dress for the delight of other photographers on a photographers forum so I don't care what you all think about how you think this looks (just an fyi, since I got this thing I have had both men and women stop me and tell me how cool they think it looks on several occasions). For me this thing has been worth every penny that I have paid for it. Could I have made one myself, sure but sometimes my time is more valuable than the money spent on a commercially made product.

Apr 14, 2017 at 01:48 PM
juvx
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Photographers are the last people to ask about style haha

I don't own one but I personally think the MM looks by far the best. The worst is either the stock straps that come with the camera or the the dual black Rapid.

But honestly I really don't care how it looks, I'm just wondering which is the most comfortable/ effective. I'm leaning spider holsters.

Apr 14, 2017 at 03:36 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I use a cheap setup I made myself.
You need a key ring on your camera strap holder on the camera.
You need a sturdy belt.
You need a police nylon belt keeper.
You need a medium night eyez carabiner.

Belt keeper goes on the belt on either side, carabiner goes on the keeper and hangs down flat, camera is clipped into system via the key ring.

If you have a good belt the supplies will cost you less than 10$ total.
If you want a bitchin' belt you can get a reinforced ballistic nylon belt like a cop or soldier would wear for like 45$ for Galco or whatever. That is what I use. So strong I could wear 10 cameras and repel down a building with it.
All these other straps etc. will either hurt your back in the long run or cost a small fortune. The setup I have lays flat and with no camera on you don't even know it is there and no one else will know its there. Suit coat will cover it up, you can sit down without things poking you funny etc.

You can see my setup here:

I am on the right. My bad on the super large photo. Only had the high res version exported. oh well.

Apr 14, 2017 at 03:50 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Doug, is that a snap on belt keeper?

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:22 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

I only use one body, but I love the Peak Design belt clip things. Between that and my Boda Bag, it lets me carry all the weight on my hips*. Even back when I was shooting pro-sized bodies, I never had a single wedding with any back pain or soreness.

Every once in awhile I'll carry two cameras, and for the second I'll just have it on a strap hanging off my shoulder. If I used two bodies on the regular, I think I'd probably opt for the Duy setup and do hip clip for one body and some sort of Peak Design/Black Rapid cross-shoulder strap.

I happen to think the Hold Fast stuff looks awesome, but I HATE having things swing around when I move, so it's a no-go for me.

*hip-based solutions work way better when you have a Nikki Minaj booty like I do.

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:25 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

maxwell1295 wrote:
Doug, is that a snap on belt keeper?

Ya it is two snaps. But really anything that lays flat on the belt and your body would work.
The thing with snaps is a belt keeper like a cop would wear that connects the pants belt to the rigging belt with the gun, cuffs, etc. It is durable as hell.
I have never had one break and I beat the crap out of my stuff.

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:35 PM
BSPhotog
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Best way to carry 2 Camera bodies at weddings?

Wow, the way people talk about all of these solutions, it is almost as if everyone has adapted the way that they work for whatever system they use. Hmmm, maybe everyone else isn't wrong....

Apr 14, 2017 at 06:06 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password