FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

Lots of good news for our Fuji mirrorless shooters from our friends a Godox: http://flashhavoc.com/flashpoint-zoom-mini-r2-ttl-for-fuji-released/

Sadly back to AAs instead of L-Ion

Apr 13, 2017 at 09:30 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

Tiny screen on it. I wonder what the display/controls are going to be like for wireless master stuff.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

BSPhotog wrote:
Tiny screen on it. I wonder what the display/controls are going to be like for wireless master stuff.

Yeah, potential problem there. In fact, my only complaint with the Godox system, has been with their GUI of the control display of their flashes. They are a little bit clunky and difficult to navigate.

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

MRomine wrote:
Yeah, potential problem there. In fact, my only complaint with the Godox system, has been with their GUI of the control display of their flashes. They are a little bit clunky and difficult to navigate.

Same here, thought I find the X1 more objectionable than the controls on the speedlights...but not by much. I have the XT32n on order, so maybe it will be a bit better.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:04 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

BSPhotog wrote:
Same here, thought I find the X1 more objectionable than the controls on the speedlights...but not by much.

I find the X1t to be a pain when you are in a hurry.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:07 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

Honestly I wouldn't want anything bigger than that on a mirrorless - I use it on my A7RII and it balances way better than the bigger 860 II.

Also important to note that once you have any sort of Godox trigger mounted on your camera (such as this flash), you can then trigger any of the newer flashes/strobes off camera, regardless of their mount. So you still get the flexibility of using the bigger, li-on 860 IIs off camera.

Apr 13, 2017 at 01:23 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

mikethevilla wrote:
Also important to note that once you have any sort of Godox trigger mounted on your camera (such as this flash), you can then trigger any of the newer flashes/strobes off camera, regardless of their mount. So you still get the flexibility of using the bigger, li-on 860 IIs off camera.

That is truly the beauty of their system.

Apr 13, 2017 at 01:54 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

I'm gonna be all over this.

Apr 13, 2017 at 08:57 PM
AdamBrock

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji Shooters - Something to Be Happy About - TTL Flash

Finally, if it does HSS and manual exposure triggering for their other flashes I will be a happy camper. Looks like actual triggers are coming later this year.

Apr 14, 2017 at 08:43 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.