Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

luckydog23

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

I want to buy a DSLR . But it is the first time to buy and I am very puzzling. Especially after reading the link.
http://thedigitalcamera.net/canon-eos-rebel-t7i-vs-eos-77d-vs-eos-80d-whats-the-difference/
If someone have advices about it,tell me please. Thank you very much.

Apr 11, 2017 at 05:33 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

Further down the page the differences are explained in pretty good detail.

Apr 11, 2017 at 06:35 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

The main differences are that the 80D is heavier, and has a better viewfinder, plus a larger battery that is common with the 5D/7D series. There are several threads about the newer bodies that you should read through. My advice is to buy a Nikon in the mid-priced cropper range, either a D7200 which is similar to the 80D or a D5xxx which is similar to the smaller/cheaper new Canons.

EBH

Apr 11, 2017 at 06:42 AM
Cheryle Sytsma
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

EB-1 wrote:
The main differences are that the 80D is heavier, and has a better viewfinder, plus a larger battery that is common with the 5D/7D series. There are several threads about the newer bodies that you should read through. My advice is to buy a Nikon in the mid-priced cropper range, either a D7200 which is similar to the 80D or a D5xxx which is similar to the smaller/cheaper new Canons.

EBH

The Nikon D7200 is an excellent choice... I own 2...

You might also want to read, on this site, about the different cameras,
with peoples opinions and use, photos produced with, the various cameras.

There are a lot of cameras out there, and a lot of good cameras from many
brands for first time users. Be sure to study about several of them before
you settle on one that just "sounds" good.

Apr 11, 2017 at 07:50 AM
krementz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

All the cameras mentioned are "good" cameras. All can take excellent pictures.

All electronics have short lifespans - similar to computers. If you are interested in photography you most likely will be buying a new camera within five years no matter what you buy today. "It's not your father's Leica."

Research, make a choice, and don't sweat it. Go shoot.

Apr 11, 2017 at 08:12 AM
EA6B
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

Hold the various models. Some will feel like a part of you, some will not.

E

Apr 11, 2017 at 08:32 AM
M. Best
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

Make a list of what you want to do. Will you be more video oriented or mainly stills? Will you be wanting to deal with a bigger body or would you prefer a smaller, compact one?
With no lenses, atm, you're not tied down to any brand. With your list, you can then narrow down what camera works best for you.
Once you have a couple or more cameras picked out, read several reviews of them. Research, research, research. If possible, go to a store and try them out. A camera may sound good on paper but once held, you might not like the ergonomics.
For a first time purchase, I'd just get a body with a kit lens and a fast prime. Usually 50mm. From there, you can get the basics and go from there.
Also, why do you want to buy a DSLR? Usually, for most people, unless you really like photography, a DSLR is an overkill.

Apr 11, 2017 at 08:33 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

luckydog23 wrote:
I want to buy a DSLR . But it is the first time to buy and I am very puzzling. Especially after reading the link.
http://thedigitalcamera.net/canon-eos-rebel-t7i-vs-eos-77d-vs-eos-80d-whats-the-difference/
If someone have advices about it,tell me please. Thank you very much.

yes, the differences are explained on the page - Canon 80D is good but also look at the mirrorless camera options

Apr 11, 2017 at 08:57 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

Any recent camera you buy (whether ML or DSLR) is going to offer terrific photo quality. It really comes down to your budget and your individual preferences for ergonomics. As others have said try to go to a place that will let you hold various camera's so you get a sense of what you are going to want to carry around. I wouldn't lock yourself in to any brand yet. Try them all if you can.

Apr 11, 2017 at 09:04 AM
D.Hussey
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

How much deeper pockets are needed to go Nikon? While I don't think there's a huge difference in bodies it seems to me that quality Nikon glass is considerably more expensive than Canon's offerings

Apr 11, 2017 at 08:14 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

D.Hussey wrote:
How much deeper pockets are needed to go Nikon? While I don't think there's a huge difference in bodies it seems to me that quality Nikon glass is considerably more expensive than Canon's offerings

I bought the 80D and D7200 around the same time.

Nikon has better choices in the APS-C segment. One of the advantages is the lack of AA filter and another is the better sensors that are more important at the tiny pixel sizes. APS-C lenses aren't that expensive.

EBH

Apr 11, 2017 at 09:09 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

D.Hussey wrote:

true, most of the Nikon lenses are more expensive. I've even heard of some Nikon users having to sell one of their kidneys to finance their gear ...ugh.

And the Nikon mirrorless offerings are decidedly inferior

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Apr 12, 2017 at 07:44 AM
D.Hussey
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

EB-1 wrote:
I bought the 80D and D7200 around the same time.

Nikon has better choices in the APS-C segment. One of the advantages is the lack of AA filter and another is the better sensors that are more important at the tiny pixel sizes. APS-C lenses aren't that expensive.

EBH

Sure, maybe APS-C lenses aren't that expensive ..... but on the other hand the variety of APS-C lenses is very limited. And while a $1000+ price difference on a 5004 or 4002.8 might not be a factor for folks with deep pockets ..... its still an awful lot of money to me

Apr 12, 2017 at 07:11 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Can anyone give me any suggestion,please?

Any mid-range camera from any manufacturer today is a great camera, you really can't go wrong and it comes down to specific shooting that might sway you one way or the other. If wildlife and action are important look for the best AF, if landscape is important look for best DR, etc. Nikon D5600/7200/7500 look nice, so does 77D/80D, Fuji X-T20, Pentax K3 to name a few.

Apr 12, 2017 at 08:20 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.