Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
  

Sunset at Mono
  
 
Bill Hollinger
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Sunset at Mono


Itís a beautiful image, but reading about how you did this is what I find fascinating. I grew up using the zone system and altered development times. Iíve been toying with the idea of buying the A7R II, and this makes me want to learn and understand how you accomplished this and shoot some landscapes again. Having a mental image of what you would like in the final image is fine, but having the means to accomplish it is apparently at hand too. No more ND filters? Amazing.

Thanks for sharing this with us!



Apr 23, 2017 at 04:54 PM
Sheo2859
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Sunset at Mono


Stunning Fred, your shot recipe is mind blowing to me, however you figured it out , great job.



Apr 23, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Sunset at Mono


luigi645 wrote:
Stunning! Nice job!


---------------------------------------------

koarks wrote:
Love the colors in the sky. The focus stacking really works here.


---------------------------------------------

ArturS wrote:
This is fantastic Fred. I really like an alignment of the elements here and the clouds compliment the landscape. Great shot.


---------------------------------------------

MedicineMan404 wrote:
Breath taking image.


---------------------------------------------

IndyFab wrote:
Wonderful image Fred....Love the Sierra's

Question "in camera (SR app)." Does in come in the camera or do you have to add it, if so where do you get it.. Thx


Hi there, thanks for your comment. The SR app does not come with the camera. It costs $5 and can be purchased from a Sony camera.

---------------------------------------------

klrb wrote:
Love it, very beautiful


---------------------------------------------

Chuck Coyne wrote:
Love it Fred!


---------------------------------------------

Leticia Costa wrote:
Superb)
I like the color of the sky and unusual clouds.
Well done!


---------------------------------------------

Robert Spencer wrote:
It`s beautiful!


---------------------------------------------

OwlsEyes wrote:
This is fantastic Fred! There is a 3D quality to the image... kind of has your signature look!

cheers,
bruce



---------------------------------------------


Bill Hollinger wrote:
Itís a beautiful image, but reading about how you did this is what I find fascinating. I grew up using the zone system and altered development times. Iíve been toying with the idea of buying the A7R II, and this makes me want to learn and understand how you accomplished this and shoot some landscapes again. Having a mental image of what you would like in the final image is fine, but having the means to accomplish it is apparently at hand too. No more ND filters? Amazing.

Thanks for sharing this with us!


Hi Bill,
Yes, itís a transition but whenever I see technology gives me better resolution, I donít have a problem embracing it.

---------------------------------------------

Sheo2859 wrote:
Stunning Fred, your shot recipe is mind blowing to me, however you figured it out , great job.


Thanks for all comments on this image. It was taken at my last day in Mammoth Lakes and the only day with clouds in the sky! Lucky!
All the best,
Fred



Apr 24, 2017 at 12:52 AM
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Sunset at Mono


Wow, what a fantastic and outstanding shoot.

Thank you so much for sharing the process of it, very interesting and actually looking into stacking for cityscapes.

Best.

Marcelo



Apr 24, 2017 at 02:39 AM
howardF
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Sunset at Mono


Beautiful photo!!!


May 22, 2017 at 01:35 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



fredster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Sunset at Mono


One beautiful image! Well done.


May 22, 2017 at 10:29 PM
MJKoski
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Sunset at Mono


Certainly captivating scenery. These Monolake alien landscapes never get boring from our country's perspective. Focus stacking is very useful even with wide angles to keep apertures under the diffraction barrier.


May 22, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Sunset at Mono


Lightsearcher wrote:
Wow, what a fantastic and outstanding shoot.

Thank you so much for sharing the process of it, very interesting and actually looking into stacking for cityscapes.

Best.

Marcelo


Thanks for your comment Marcelo. Focus stacking became part of my workflow as I prefer shooting at optimal apertures and extend DOF by combining images.

---------------------------------------------

howardF wrote:
Beautiful photo!!!


Thank you!

---------------------------------------------

fredster wrote:
One beautiful image! Well done.


Thanks Fred. I appreciate the kind works.

---------------------------------------------

MJKoski wrote:
Certainly captivating scenery. These Monolake alien landscapes never get boring from our country's perspective. Focus stacking is very useful even with wide angles to keep apertures under the diffraction barrier.


I've been to Mono Lake four times and it never gets old for me. Water levels and cloud formations always create great photo opportunities. I agree on diffraction. Focus stacking is very easy and most of the time, only two images are required to get sharpness across the field at optimum apertures.



May 24, 2017 at 09:07 PM
IndyFab
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Sunset at Mono


Wow, some nice processing of all the files.

Beautiful !!



May 28, 2017 at 08:37 AM
incrediblehark
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Sunset at Mono


Really nice shot!


May 28, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1       2       3      
4
       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password