Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

Website for Gallery Sales
  
 
stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website for Gallery Sales


I'm positive this has been beaten to death on here, but I am a rodeo photographer and am looking for a more efficient way to sell my images. As of now, I have the rider message me their run number and what they were wearing, I send them a sample through facebook, then I edit the entire run and host it on my website made through Zenfolio after they paypal me and they can save it. Its a very clunky process and my BIGGEST issue is that zenfolio is NOT mobile friendly. I'm looking for something that has a mobile version and that my customers could use to save to their device so they're not taking screenshots and uploading those as a representation of my finished product. The galleries that they would look through would be in the range of 300-400 images on a single gallery, and I have my own domain. I am not a web designer so I am looking for something with templates. Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this is in the wrong place. I'm normally a POTN person, but that forum has been dead lately. Thanks in advance!! My website for reference is

www.stephenspake.com

Thanks all!



Apr 09, 2017 at 01:39 PM
mphocus
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website for Gallery Sales


I use smug mug. They can browse easily and if they want they can buy a digital copy or they can get the photo printed. There are other products too like phone cases, buttons etc.


Apr 10, 2017 at 02:26 AM
AceCo55
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website for Gallery Sales


I also use Smugmug - the mobile friendly version of a Smugmug site is built into the design.


Apr 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM
stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website for Gallery Sales


It sounds like that's the way I'm gonna head. It's just hours of setup involved. Digital download is usually how I do things, but I suppose other merchant services will be fine as well, as long as I'm not responsible for their output.

Is there a download entire gallery option, so families I shoot have the option to download all their pictures at once, rather than individually?



Apr 10, 2017 at 12:18 PM
AceCo55
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website for Gallery Sales


stephenspake wrote:
It sounds like that's the way I'm gonna head. It's just hours of setup involved. Digital download is usually how I do things, but I suppose other merchant services will be fine as well, as long as I'm not responsible for their output.

Is there a download entire gallery option, so families I shoot have the option to download all their pictures at once, rather than individually?


Yes you can: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93331

Smugmug has a users forum (which the staff monitor as well). You will find a lot of hep there: http://www.dgrin.com/

Help: http://help.smugmug.com/

Smugmug school: https://school.smugmug.com/

Just make sure you pick the account level that has the features you need: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/695839-which-plan-is-right-for-me-



Apr 11, 2017 at 12:19 PM
photoelle
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Website for Gallery Sales


I use Sytist https://www.picturespro.com/sytist/ Its a database that you purchase and place on your web site. There are no fees or percentage of sales taken, and the sales payments are instant thru Paypal. Its mobile friendly too.


Apr 12, 2017 at 09:02 PM
stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Website for Gallery Sales


This looks great but I am terrible with web design. I'm struggling through smugmug at the moment. My issue with a lot of these is they want to do too much. I truly hate it all lol. I want so little, and I'm getting super aggravated trying to make it that way!


Apr 13, 2017 at 01:20 AM
AceCo55
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Website for Gallery Sales


stephenspake wrote:
This looks great but I am terrible with web design. I'm struggling through smugmug at the moment. My issue with a lot of these is they want to do too much. I truly hate it all lol. I want so little, and I'm getting super aggravated trying to make it that way!


It takes time to get your head around any new software or how to get things done.

Go to the forum - state one or two things what you want to do - you will get an answer
http://www.dgrin.com/

Rinse ... repeat
You will get there and learn stuff on the way



Apr 13, 2017 at 07:29 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Website for Gallery Sales


I appreciate the positivity! I committed and went with the business plan, and hopefully I can get it up and running enough to sell some images by Sunday. Fingers crossed. The holdup will be that now that I'm going legit I have to fill out a W9 and get that process started. Hopefully people are still able to purchase and just have that money in a "limbo" until I can get the tax info to smugmug and then have them transfer it. Fingers crossed!

And I did register with that forum!



Apr 14, 2017 at 02:06 PM
Michael White
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Website for Gallery Sales


I used to use photorespect.com when I used to shoot cmsa shooters.


Apr 17, 2017 at 06:35 PM
stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Website for Gallery Sales


This is where I am at with just a few hours into it to make it so I can sell my rodeo pictures. I will tweak and refine it as soon as I get some more time.

http://www.stephenspake.com/

And this is what the gallery page looks like.

http://www.stephenspake.com/Barrel-Races/DC-Western/15-April-Event-Open/



Apr 17, 2017 at 10:42 PM
gschlact
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Website for Gallery Sales


Looks like a good start.
On my iPad, the word Photography in your top left 'logo' doesn't fully appear, the left side is chopped.



Apr 18, 2017 at 02:17 AM
stephenspake
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Website for Gallery Sales


gschlact wrote:
Looks like a good start.
On my iPad, the word Photography in your top left 'logo' doesn't fully appear, the left side is chopped.


Hmmm I'll have to check that out!!! Thanks!



Apr 18, 2017 at 02:18 AM
agrumpyoldsod
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Website for Gallery Sales


stephenspake wrote:
I'm positive this has been beaten to death on here, but I am a rodeo photographer and am looking for a more efficient way to sell my images. As of now, I have the rider message me their run number and what they were wearing, I send them a sample through facebook, then I edit the entire run and host it on my website made through Zenfolio after they paypal me and they can save it. Its a very clunky process and my BIGGEST issue is that zenfolio is NOT mobile friendly. I'm looking for something that has a mobile
...Show more

Dear Stephen - lots of advice, but lets get down to brass tacks -- all the commerce options offered by suggested web-providers (including Squarespace) require a sizeable monthly or annual subscription -- sizeable if you sell only a few images a year. However, if you sell many digital copies and want to bolt on physical printing as well solutions like that offered by Squarespace can be good value. I would have a 2nd channel outlet route for "fine art"or special prints if you offer them. I use a Free micro-site provided by my general printer for sales of most of my prints, but use a specialist local printer for specials.



May 08, 2017 at 12:28 PM
Kent_Photo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Website for Gallery Sales


I think Michael White meant PhotoReflect.com I have used them for a long time but there may well be better ones for
digital downloads.



Sep 01, 2017 at 03:09 AM
Michael White
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Website for Gallery Sales


I used to use photo reflection.ccom or something to that effect they will even print and drop ship, what you can do is take your keepers upload to the event gallery. They email you with image number(s) they want you post then replace the raw images then they can order directly or through you your choice.


Sep 02, 2017 at 03:51 AM







FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password