Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · OHL Hockey Season wrap up

cocodrillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OHL Hockey Season wrap up

I lurk more than I post these days. But I’m slowly starting to shoot again on a more regular basis. A relatively sparse minor league hockey season for me, but convenient – the rink is just up the street. For the most part the goal was to shoot stock imagery for the secondary news and specialty market. We’ll see how that goes if royalty cheques come in. Here’s a selection of what I think are some of the stronger images from the year. Hockey is really not my strongest sport, and I find that the location of the holes in the glass at this particular rink make things especially challenging. All shot with a 1Dx and mix of a 500, 135 and 70-200. As always, comments and criticism most welcome.

">

Apr 05, 2017 at 12:46 PM
rschroeter2124

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OHL Hockey Season wrap up

Great emotion - pucks, eyes, color, sharp. Looks like good stuff! Some critical part of me says some of these are overexposed, which is fine - better to have a nice white look than to be a hair under exposed, but some of the blacks appear grey (pants) on some images, and a few are a hair rotated off - really reaching to give you some constructive criticism, since these are so good.

Apr 05, 2017 at 10:42 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OHL Hockey Season wrap up

Rshroeter2124 -- Thanksf or the kind words and also for the helpful critiques. On the exposure front, the first game or two were rough until I sorted out the white balance level and the exact exposure level. Once I had those I shot raw and manually set the white balance. The rink is almost back lit from one side, too, which can make things a bit strange in terms of lighting from one or two spots. I also had a bit of a quick learning curve on the sharpenning of raw images, which might have thrown things a bit of on a few images.

Apr 06, 2017 at 06:43 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.