New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Best Video Option?

AmbientMike
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best Video Option?

A friend of mine wants to use a $400 Target gift card to get a camera to video his sermons and shorter 5-10 minute youtube clips (podcasts I guess?) He is becoming a preacher, I think.

What are some good options? Should he try for 4K? Or is that not necessary?

He sent me links to the d3400 and T6, plus some Coolpix models. He's willing to go a bit over $400, one of the links was $550.

What about editing software and sound?

Thanks in advance

Apr 05, 2017 at 10:31 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best Video Option?

1) light and audio are going to set him apart. Don't bother with a "camera," just use an iPhone, good external mic, and some LED video lights.

2) Do we need more preaching on the internet? Lol

Apr 05, 2017 at 10:39 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best Video Option?

BSPhotog wrote:
1) light and audio are going to set him apart. Don't bother with a "camera," just use an iPhone, good external mic, and some LED video lights.

2) Do we need more preaching on the internet? Lol

Yeah, idk if I can bring myself to talk him out of the camera, though. And I'm not sure how much control he'll have over lighting? For the podcasts, sure, but if he's preaching somewhere, idk.

Do we need more preaching, yeah, idk, but he seems pretty good, so I'll get him set up, and see how it goes.

Apr 05, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best Video Option?

The Canon SL1 with the STM 18-55 kit lens is not a bad video kit and should be close to his budget. The rear screen "touch to focus" is a nice feature for video. The less expensive Adobe Premier Elements should do the video editing he may require.

Apr 05, 2017 at 05:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.