Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              18      
       end

Archive 2017 · Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899)

Lifeinpictures
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.19 #1 · p.19 #1 · Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899)

wayne seltzer wrote:
The ZA 135/1.8 did not even make the alternatives section in the review although it has AF and is lighter than the APO Sonnar and Sigma 135.

I actually have both the Milvus APO Sonnar 135 F 2.0 and the SAL ZA 135 1.8.

While the Milvus is technically perfect, I prefer the rendering of the ZA lens.
I would not part with either. I can see the Sigma Art 135 1.8 as an alternate to these lenses not the Batis.

I feel that the Batis is geared to a more general and practical experience with an emphasis on being more nimble while offering excellent optical performance.

I have been tempted by the Batis 135 2.8 APO primarily due to all the positive feedback on this lens, but I am oversubscribed at this focal length ( though not as bad as the 85 mm focal length).

I can see advantages of the Batis with better autofocus and portability over what I have. But this is a focal length that I use with more deliberation for either Portrait or landscape, to warrant buying a 3rd version.

But I am really happy that so many have got to purchase this excellent Batis lens around $1200-1500.
This is indeed a very good price for an excellent lens.

I am trying very hard to not look at this thread so that I might fall to temptation.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM
pgeorges
• •
p.19 #2 · p.19 #2 · Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899)

pleaseshoot wrote:
Soooo I was recently trying to pick between the Loxia 21 and 25. Gave up and ordered the Batis last day of the sale
My reasoning is that I already have 21 and 25mm covered in zooms. (12-24 + 24-70/GM) Nothing in FE mount longer than my 85mm f1.4 GM So I'll be gaining in FL versatility and this will be nice for headshots.
I feel pretty good about this! I think! haha

Oh it was the last day of sale for you too? I picked mine up for $2k Australian, it's usually around the $3k mark.

Apr 15, 2018 at 07:17 PM
pleaseshoot
• •
p.19 #3 · p.19 #3 · Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899)

pgeorges wrote:
Oh it was the last day of sale for you too? I picked mine up for $2k Australian, it's usually around the $3k mark.

Yep! Around the same 3K Canadian normally. Looking forward to picking it up this week and testing it out.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:01 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.