Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes
  
 
clonardo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


So I just saw these pop up on Adorama today, with no descriptions and no fanfare:

Orlit RT 601


Orlit Rover RT

The 300ws pack/head system is at least hinted at in an earlier Orlit press release (there's a tiny image under the "coming soon" section), but I can find nothing about that monolight.

I bought two of the Orlit RT 610's (one at $700 the day it became available, and I lucked out and got another open box one for $550 a few weeks later), and I've been extremely happy with them. Interop with the Canon RT system is sweeeet. They're just rebadged Jinbei HD 610's with an Adorama warranty and added Canon RT radio compatibility.

Meanwhile, I can find nothing that Jinbei's announced so far that would seem to correspond to these releases. It looks like the RT 601 is just an RT 610 (battery-powered monolight), minus TTL,for $250 less. The Rover looks quite interesting- like a single-outlet Profoto B2 competitor- and I wonder if they'll do a ring flash.

So, if these links stay up, I guess we'll have answers from Adorama soon, but I'm pretty excited to see where they take this system.




Apr 02, 2017 at 11:06 PM
clonardo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Ok, looks like the Rover RT is a Jinbei MARS 3 .

Still not really sure what the "601" is. This is made tricky by the lack of English-language documentation online, unfortunately. I also can't seem to figure out if the MARS 3 will take heads from the Discovery series (for which there is already a ring flash).



Apr 03, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Helen Oster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


clonardo wrote:
So I just saw these pop up on Adorama today, with no descriptions and no fanfare:

The 300ws pack/head system is at least hinted at in an earlier Orlit press release (there's a tiny image under the "coming soon" section), but I can find nothing about that monolight.

I bought two of the Orlit RT 610's (one at $700 the day it became available, and I lucked out and got another open box one for $550 a few weeks later), and I've been extremely happy with them.

So, if these links stay up, I guess we'll have answers from Adorama soon, but
...Show more

What is it that you'd like to know? The RT 610 offers HSS and TTL with full wireless control





Apr 03, 2017 at 08:23 PM
digiguy
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Like the Flashpoint Xplor Orlit is now offering a more affordable option minus ttl



Apr 04, 2017 at 06:28 AM
clonardo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Well, in trying to understand Jinbei's current offerings, it looks like the heads from the Discovery pack/head systems use a different connector than the Mars/Rover RT. Any word on a ring flash for the new system?

Helen Oster wrote:
What is it that you'd like to know? The RT 610 offers HSS and TTL with full wireless control





Apr 04, 2017 at 02:33 PM
Helen Oster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


clonardo wrote:
Well, in trying to understand Jinbei's current offerings, it looks like the heads from the Discovery pack/head systems use a different connector than the Mars/Rover RT. Any word on a ring flash for the new system?




I cannot comment on Jinbei's offerings! if you have tech queries re Orlit products please email our tech team [email protected]




Apr 04, 2017 at 02:48 PM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Is the Rover RT cable permanently attached to the head, or removable?


Apr 11, 2017 at 09:06 PM
clonardo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


rscheffler wrote:
Is the Rover RT cable permanently attached to the head, or removable?


From the photos I've found of the Jinbei Mars, which is the same hardware, it's removable (but does not appear to be compatible with older Jinbei pack/head systems). I'm really hoping they do a ring flash for the new system at some point.



Apr 13, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Helen Oster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


rscheffler wrote:
Is the Rover RT cable permanently attached to the head, or removable?


I've been advised that it is permanent




Apr 14, 2017 at 11:32 AM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Thanks Helen.

Chris, I didn't see anything on the Jinbei site to indicate the Mars heads had removable cables. Maybe didn't look hard enough.

The Canon RT integration is what appeals most to me with these Jinbei units. Don't like some other aspects of the specs, such as full power flash duration. Or apparently PC-only firmware updates, IIRC. Many photographers seem to be Mac based and it's annoying to find so many lower-end manufacturers only provide Window-based FW updates. But the price is very appealing and I suppose would explain this, to a degree. Not sure if Adorama has any sway over adding Mac FW update capability.



Apr 16, 2017 at 06:07 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



NCAndy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


rscheffler wrote:
Thanks Helen.

Chris, I didn't see anything on the Jinbei site to indicate the Mars heads had removable cables. Maybe didn't look hard enough.

The Canon RT integration is what appeals most to me with these Jinbei units. Don't like some other aspects of the specs, such as full power flash duration. Or apparently PC-only firmware updates, IIRC. Many photographers seem to be Mac based and it's annoying to find so many lower-end manufacturers only provide Window-based FW updates. But the price is very appealing and I suppose would explain this, to a degree. Not sure if Adorama has any
...Show more

I agree about the Mac compatibility. This unit seems interesting but without being able to update the firmware it's a no go for me.



Apr 17, 2017 at 01:47 AM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Just reading some of the Orlit 610 reviews (TTL version) over at Adorama... came across this one:

Problems with unit and support
By jeanine h. - Professional
Love the light but already had to return due to malfunctioning. Very little support on issues and wrong support on audible beep not working. Flash would work fine then make a loud pop and overexpose in TTL mode for a few exposures. The flash is awesome though so decided to try again. Waiting for new unit, found out new firmware update available but it only is for Windows. Got a very rude message back from adorama when asking when Mac firmware will be available and answer was borrow a friends PC.



Apr 17, 2017 at 08:38 AM
Oscarsmadness
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


I don't understand why Orlit is a thing in the first place. Adorama made Godox/Flashpoint so easily accessible, and I'm not sure what the Flashpoint stuff cannot do that I would need the Orlit for. Not to mention that I love the Godox system and would rather keep buying Godox or a rebrand to stay within the ecosystem that I already invested in.

The AD600/EXPLOR600 is next on my shopping list for lights. Either that or more V860II's.



Apr 21, 2017 at 05:19 AM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


As a Canon shooter, my answer to your question is Orlit's compatibility with Canon's RT radio control system. You an mix Orlit strobes and Canon speedlights and control them all from the camera, either in TTL or manual output modes.


Apr 22, 2017 at 07:11 AM
Helen Oster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Oscarsmadness wrote:
I don't understand why Orlit is a thing in the first place. Adorama made Godox/Flashpoint so easily accessible, and I'm not sure what the Flashpoint stuff cannot do that I would need the Orlit for. Not to mention that I love the Godox system and would rather keep buying Godox or a rebrand to stay within the ecosystem that I already invested in.

The AD600/EXPLOR600 is next on my shopping list for lights. Either that or more V860II's.



The new Orlit unit is the first Canon RT compatible monolight with on-board built in Power



Apr 23, 2017 at 08:26 AM
Jay Ford
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Helen Oster wrote:


The new Orlit unit is the first Canon RT compatible monolight with on-board built in Power


This would be a great thing for anyone invested in the RT system. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.



Apr 23, 2017 at 07:55 PM
clonardo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


rscheffler wrote:
Thanks Helen.

Chris, I didn't see anything on the Jinbei site to indicate the Mars heads had removable cables. Maybe didn't look hard enough.

The Canon RT integration is what appeals most to me with these Jinbei units. Don't like some other aspects of the specs, such as full power flash duration. Or apparently PC-only firmware updates, IIRC. Many photographers seem to be Mac based and it's annoying to find so many lower-end manufacturers only provide Window-based FW updates. But the price is very appealing and I suppose would explain this, to a degree. Not sure if Adorama has any
...Show more

It was my mistake in misreading the original question- Helen is correct, the cable looks like it is removable only at the pack, and not the head.



May 01, 2017 at 06:00 PM
EA6B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


I spoke to a rep at Adorama, no idea re an eta on these units.

E



May 01, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Helen Oster
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes



EA6B wrote:
I spoke to a rep at Adorama, no idea re an eta on these units.

E


This light is still in pre - production which is why we donít have any ETA yet



May 02, 2017 at 02:41 PM
EA6B
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Interesting Orlit/Adorama (Jinbei?) Mystery Flashes


Thanks Helen.


May 15, 2017 at 10:06 AM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password