FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Bubble wrote:
just a suggestion, instead of every 8 hours, 12 hours would be good too.

on the other hands, my wallet say thanks to Fred. Before, i just wonder around and buy stuff that i don't even need. Now, since the board flood with auto bump threads, i just skimming through the first 2 pages and gave up.

I've made the change from 8 to 12 hours to make manual and automatic bumping time consistent.
Thanks for your suggestion!

Apr 23, 2017 at 05:57 PM
digitalstew
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Fred,

Would you consider changing the logic of a multiple selection of checkboxes from AND to OR? In other words, when I select the "New" and the "Lowered Price" check boxes, I'd like to see both new items and lowered price items in my list, not new items that are also lowered price (which is a very short list ;-) ). Thanks!

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:47 AM
genji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I'd be interested in upgrading to a 1-year membership but I can't figure out how to do that. My membership page shows:

Your Upload & Sell Membership is: On
Number of days remaining: 83 [Stop auto-renew]

but no option to upgrade...

Apr 26, 2017 at 01:52 AM
dearnold

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Same question. I can't figure out how to upgrade, or what the price is, or how to stop Auto Renew. Have looked through FAQ, Profile page, etc.

Apr 27, 2017 at 09:06 PM
brafman
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

digitalstew wrote:
Fred,

Would you consider changing the logic of a multiple selection of checkboxes from AND to OR? In other words, when I select the "New" and the "Lowered Price" check boxes, I'd like to see both new items and lowered price items in my list, not new items that are also lowered price (which is a very short list ;-) ). Thanks!

Yes, this would be very useful. Seeing new items OR lowered price items, while filtering out items that are neither new nor lower priced, would make the filters much more useful.

May 01, 2017 at 08:29 AM
kkibrisli

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

jecottrell wrote:
I agree with this. The post and forget stuff is getting problematic to the point stuff is sold, not marked sold and PMs/posts are not replied to.

The random coloring in the thread titles is also counter productive. My brain just processes it as visual clutter.

+1 on the random coloring of thread titles. It does not look good. I would just prefer to distinguish the threads I visited before. Now it's a mess.

I can't say I like automatic bumping either. The first page is flooded by recycled adds.

May 02, 2017 at 12:06 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

kkibrisli wrote:
+1 on the random coloring of thread titles. It does not look good. I would just prefer to distinguish the threads I visited before. Now it's a mess.

I can't say I like automatic bumping either. The first page is flooded by recycled adds.

Another + here.
Also, I thought the auto-bump would be a good idea, but I'm not sure I like it either. I think it results in too much first page clutter.

May 04, 2017 at 08:59 AM
bluloo
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Looks like sold items are also being bumped to the first page. Just adds to the clutter.

Can someone look into this, and report back?

May 13, 2017 at 09:01 AM
DaveBurbank

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I have an Buy & Sell membership. I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade it to a Buy & Sell Plus (+) membership. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Jul 04, 2017 at 07:46 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

DaveBurbank wrote:
I have an Buy & Sell membership. I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade it to a Buy & Sell Plus (+) membership. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

From the first post in this thread, by Fred:
"Only members with 1 or 2-year memberships will have access to new features including auto-bump."

Jul 04, 2017 at 10:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DaveBurbank

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Hi Dan. I'm not sure I understand your note. I'm asking how I can upgrade to a plus membership.

DanBrown wrote:
"Only members with 1 or 2-year memberships will have access to new features including auto-bump."

Jul 05, 2017 at 06:15 AM
DaveBurbank

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Anybody?

I have a Buy & Sell membership. I wish to upgrade it to a Buy & Sell Plus (+) membership. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Dave

DanBrown wrote:

Jul 07, 2017 at 09:17 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

DaveBurbank wrote:
I have a Buy & Sell membership. I wish to upgrade it to a Buy & Sell Plus (+) membership. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Check out the sign up page:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/upload-sell.php

If you sign up for 1 or 2 years, you automatically get the additional features. If you sign up for a shorter period, you don't.

Jul 07, 2017 at 12:15 PM
DaveBurbank

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Yes. I get that. So you are saying I have to wait the 76 days before my Buy & Sell membership expires before I can purchase a Buy & Sell Plus (+) membership. I was just hoping I could extend my current membership to a year or two so I could take advantage of the Plus Membership benefits now. Thanks for your help.

Jul 07, 2017 at 02:47 PM
bargainguy
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I wish the terms of the 1 yr / 2 yr membership had been updated before I purchased a 1 yr last week. Specifically - this is the current wording in the terms:

Automated BUMP of your Buy or Sell threads after 8 hours. Instead of manually bumping your threads.

I couldn't figure out why my threads were being bumped every 12 hr. instead of every 8. I also didn't see any mention of auto-bumping being disabled after a week. I found that info just now in this thread.

I PM'd Fred last week about the 12 hr. bump instead of the 8 hr. but never got a response.

I never thought I needed to look elsewhere for more info, assuming that everything I needed to know would be in the terms of the 1 & 2 yr Buy and Sell. I know Fred's got a lot on his hands, but I would think that updating the Buy & Sell terms would be high priority. Kinda feel like I was buying into a 1 yr. membership under one set of terms and finding a different set once I purchased it.

Aug 10, 2017 at 08:12 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

It doesn't seem the question of "How do I upgrade?" was ever answered.

Sep 13, 2017 at 08:28 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I think if you already have a 1-year or 2-year Upload and Sell membership, you are a (+). I haven't done anything different to my membership (I've been on annual renewal for years) and my B&S profile says that auto-bump is on.

Is it now possible for someone to buy just a B&S membership for less than one year?

Taking it a step further, there are now 2-year memberships? How do I get one of those? Can't find anything about it. I think I'm supposed to get an email reminding me of the renewal, but that never happens, FM just charges my PayPal account.

Turns out today is my auto renewal date, so I don't have a lot of time to figure this out.

Mark

Oct 04, 2017 at 07:45 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

bargainguy wrote:
I wish the terms of the 1 yr / 2 yr membership had been updated before I purchased a 1 yr last week. Specifically - this is the current wording in the terms:

Automated BUMP of your Buy or Sell threads after 8 hours. Instead of manually bumping your threads.

I couldn't figure out why my threads were being bumped every 12 hr. instead of every 8. I also didn't see any mention of auto-bumping being disabled after a week. I found that info just now in this thread.

I PM'd Fred last week about the 12 hr. bump instead of the 8
...Show more

Initially, Buy & Sell Plus bumped threads automatically every 8 hours. However, after a few weeks and based on feedback I received, we decided to do it every 12 hours. Keep in mind that this 'automation' can be disabled allowing you to bump your threads manually. This option can be found on the "My membership"'s page.

All the best,
Fred

Feb 18, 2018 at 03:56 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

gregfountain wrote:
It doesn't seem the question of "How do I upgrade?" was ever answered.

Hi Greg,
There is currently no way to upgrade but once the current membership expires, one would be able to get the Plus version.
Best,
Fred

Feb 18, 2018 at 03:57 PM
Tom Conway
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Fred: Is it possible to have "other items for sale by this member" on a FS posting like Craigslist does? Or, is this already on the site, and I don't know how to access it? Thanks, Tom Conway.

Oct 21, 2018 at 06:04 AM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.