New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Your threads will be bumped automatically every 12 hours for a period of a week*. After that, you will be able to bump it manually** until up to 60 days since the thread was first started. If you item does not sell in 60 days, you will have to start a new thread.

All new benefits for 1 or 2-year memberships:
  1. Upload up to 8 images, instead of 5.
  2. Auto-Bump your Buy or Sell threads every 12 hours for a week. Basically your thread will be bumped automatically twice a day. After the first week, manual bump will take its place.
  3. Option to change the look of your subject title to make it stand out against other ads. (Bright and/or Bold text for your subject line)
  4. Access to a “Timer” when posting your thread. Your thread could be posted in a future time.

*Only members with 1 or 2-year memberships will have access to new features including auto-bump.
**Upload & Sell "Plus" members who prefer bumping their threads manually, (instead of using auto-bump), may toggle auto-bump 'On' or 'Off' from the Upload and Sell membership page: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/upload-sell.php

Mar 31, 2017 at 04:56 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Nice! Thanks, Fred.

Mar 31, 2017 at 08:09 PM
Michael H
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

nice addition!

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:43 PM
peterk81
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

It seems that even the threads that are marked "completed" are getting bumped up as well, making a mess on the first pages

Apr 01, 2017 at 05:21 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Can the timer be used to expire a thread or only to post in the future?

Apr 01, 2017 at 08:30 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Now if only you could hide the Buy & Sell forum from members with less than 100 posts, or let the original poster delete unwanted noobie comments...

Apr 01, 2017 at 05:10 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

the auto bump, can you set it as the option each user want to use it? with that option automatic on, the BS section now flood with thread. Let say my thread got auto bump, within 15 mins, it got push down at page 3 or 4. Before i can be able to click on 1 or 2 pages to find my thread now, it just so much to go look for it.

Apr 01, 2017 at 08:14 PM
K6AZ
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Is this going to stop the practice several have here of deleting their FS posts every day and starting a new one to bypass the new post filter?

Apr 03, 2017 at 03:27 PM
azenis
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Nice additions Fred!

One thing though, for the effects on posts (bold/bright), is it possible to make some sort of usage limitations? Because when everyone starts using on every thread they create, it kinda defeats the purpose to "stand out" since there might be more bold thread than non-bolded ones.

Apr 03, 2017 at 06:59 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

azenis wrote:
Nice additions Fred!

One thing though, for the effects on posts (bold/bright), is it possible to make some sort of usage limitations? Because when everyone starts using on every thread they create, it kinda defeats the purpose to "stand out" since there might be more bold thread than non-bolded ones.

Probably not everyone is going to sign up for one or two years at a time.

It would be nice if the auto-bump feature was optional, though...

Apr 06, 2017 at 02:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

digitalstew
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I'm a little confused by how the new bumping works, or it's just not working for me. My postings have never been automatically bumped (that I can see), but I do seem to get the ability to bump them manually after 8 hours. However, that feature doesn't work—even though the button is there to bump the topic, nothing happens when I click it, and the page just refreshes with the bump button still there. When the post reaches 12 hours, the bump button will work as it did previously.

For example: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1480910

Currently, it's been over 10 hours since I bumped it, and it shows me the bump button, but no matter how many times I click it, it just refreshes the page with the same bump button.

Apr 06, 2017 at 04:27 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

digitalstew wrote:
I'm a little confused by how the new bumping works, or it's just not working for me. My postings have never been automatically bumped (that I can see), but I do seem to get the ability to bump them manually after 8 hours. However, that feature doesn't work—even though the button is there to bump the topic, nothing happens when I click it, and the page just refreshes with the bump button still there. When the post reaches 12 hours, the bump button will work as it did previously.

For example: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1480910

Currently, it's been over 10 hours since I bumped it,
...Show more

The code Auto-Bumps your Buy or Sell threads every 8 hours for a period of a week. Instead of manually bumping your threads every 12 hours. Basically your thread will be bumped automatically 3 times a day. After the first week, manual bump will take its place.
I'm working on adding a profile option that will deactivate auto-bump if desired.

Apr 08, 2017 at 10:42 AM
digitalstew
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

I understand how it should work, but it's not working that way. My post has never been auto bumped since I created it; it just shows me a Bump button now after 8 hours instead of 12. However, the Bump button that shows up after 8 hours doesn't actually do anything. Between 8 and 12 hours, the Bump button only refreshes the page and doesn't actually bump the post, but after 12 hours I can bump the post and the Bump button changes to "Bump in 8:00:00," beginning the cycle all over again.

Perhaps it just doesn't work for this post for some reason. I'll try a new post shortly and see if ti works as it should.

Apr 08, 2017 at 09:34 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Thank you Fred!

Apr 09, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Update:
Upload & Sell "Plus" members who prefer bumping their threads manually, (instead of using auto-bump), may toggle auto-bump 'On' or 'Off' from the Upload and Sell membership page:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/upload-sell.php

Apr 14, 2017 at 06:36 PM
Dj R
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

first page, auto bump is not a great idea, IMO.
love the site, not looking to cause trouble.
if an item is stale, it's stale. a bump whenever a human remembers to bump it, is > than the computer automatically bumping everything.

we want to see the NEW stuff that is being posted.
if we really need something, and it was posted before, we search for it.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

just a suggestion, instead of every 8 hours, 12 hours would be good too.

on the other hands, my wallet say thanks to Fred. Before, i just wonder around and buy stuff that i don't even need. Now, since the board flood with auto bump threads, i just skimming through the first 2 pages and gave up.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Dj R
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Bubble wrote:
just a suggestion, instead of every 8 hours, 12 hours would be good too.

on the other hands, my wallet say thanks to Fred. Before, i just wonder around and buy stuff that i don't even need. Now, since the board flood with auto bump threads, i just skimming through the first 2 pages and gave up.

why not 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that would give folks with NEW items a chance to breathe!!!

Apr 17, 2017 at 02:58 PM
jecottrell
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Dj R wrote:
first page, auto bump is not a great idea, IMO.
love the site, not looking to cause trouble.
if an item is stale, it's stale. a bump whenever a human remembers to bump it, is > than the computer automatically bumping everything.

we want to see the NEW stuff that is being posted.
if we really need something, and it was posted before, we search for it.

I agree with this. The post and forget stuff is getting problematic to the point stuff is sold, not marked sold and PMs/posts are not replied to.

The random coloring in the thread titles is also counter productive. My brain just processes it as visual clutter.

Apr 21, 2017 at 01:18 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Buy & Sell Plus (+) New Features for longer memberships

Dj R wrote:

why not 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that would give folks with NEW items a chance to breathe!!!

FM members have a choice to filter what they see. One of the options is "show new items only". Manual or auto-bump should not affect that.
When filtering "new threads", they are the only ones that will show. (The same goes for edited and reduced price threads)

Here are the filter options we have: (See image below)

"New threads", "Edited threads", "Reduced price threads", "Thread type" and "Item Brand"

Apr 23, 2017 at 05:53 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.