New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Auto-Bump problem

1KIND
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Auto-Bump problem

I have a thread that is on auto-bump. But I have two other listings that was listed prior to this new feature. So I have to manually bump it. The timer has run out and when I go to bump the two older threads, nothing happens.

Apr 03, 2017 at 11:37 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Auto-Bump problem

Yeah. Auto bump seems like an answer to a problem no one really had.

If you're so disengaged with your sale that you can't be bothered to bump it once a day (or whatever) are you really that interested in selling?

That said, to avoid them all moving as a group, I'd set the auto bump time to 8 + the number of days old in hours. So a three day old thread will auto bump every 11 hours while a new one will bump every 8.

Apr 05, 2017 at 02:49 AM
itsmesuraj
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Auto-Bump problem

I have been on the forum for a while now and i see that even the regular BUMP feature isn't working anymore. I was unable to BUMP my threads for the last 24 hours, please help !

Apr 05, 2017 at 03:57 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Auto-Bump problem

I think we should get an option to disable the auto bump option. I prefer to bump myself

Apr 05, 2017 at 04:09 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Auto-Bump problem

I'm working on an option for disable auto-bump for those who prefer bumping their threads manually.

Apr 05, 2017 at 05:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Auto-Bump problem

The option for auto or manual in regards to bumping Buy and Sell threads will be added to the "Profile" page.
I should have this ready soon.
Fred

Apr 08, 2017 at 03:43 PM
Bubble
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Auto-Bump problem

Fred,

would it possible that you not set the auto bump by default? I can understand the new option to draw more member to pay for membership to sell but the old system work just fine. What the point of new member joint to sell and their sell thread get killed within few mins.

System wise, leave it the way it is. Then each of us will have the option to select auto-bump if we want to.

I just do a count earlier, within 1 mins, we have 51 threads get bump automatically. Within 5 mins, the first batch got auto-bump get push to page 2. That also mean for new fs thread, it will get push down to 2nd pages too. In addition, member posted and just not check in or just abandon the thread and the thread get auto-bump every day like this one:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1484409/0#13996299

Please, the old system works just fine. Can we have it back. The add-on auto bump should be an option, not system wide.

Thanks Fred.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:54 AM
shujert
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Auto-Bump problem

Fred, I really appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve FM! Lots of good stuff happening all the time. That said, I agree with others about the auto-bumping feature. It's more of a hindrance to those of use who actively sell, which is a large part of the reason people sign up for memberships. Seeing my sale ad bumped along with 50 others at the same doesn't help visibility of my thread whatsoever.

Apr 13, 2017 at 06:50 PM
Etherton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Auto-Bump problem

Can this be disabled? Not sure that I like using the auto-bump.

May 17, 2017 at 03:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password