New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Thoughts on EgoDisk Cfast cards

marsh9077

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thoughts on EgoDisk Cfast cards

I have noticed a new brand of Cfast cards call EgoDisk start to pop up and I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try them out.

I have been thinking for a while about upgrading to a 256GB but just cant bring my self to spend the money on a Sandisk or Lexar one. Looks like the 256GB 540MB/s EgoDisk cards are going for $289 on amazon.

Mar 31, 2017 at 07:43 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thoughts on EgoDisk Cfast cards

I've never heard of them. The same company address and website design is Avidil. The company uses gmail addresses for the contacts. The only physical address on the website shows as a NY mini-storage building on the Google street view. The Avidil site is registered to a woman with a Brooklyn apartment, though the EgoDisk site is registered through a privacy service.

In any case I would assume that the cards are house labeled generics.

EBH

Apr 01, 2017 at 10:28 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thoughts on EgoDisk Cfast cards

you get what you pay for

Apr 02, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thoughts on EgoDisk Cfast cards

You do very often get what you pay for. What level of risk do you want to take with no name cards? They might work fine, and they might actually be as fast as they claim, but the risk to images or video that you put on them is for sure higher than a name brand card that is not counterfeit. I personally will always buy either Sandisk or Lexar, and I will be sure to buy from a source that will not ever market counterfeit cards. I own two Sandisk cFast cards, and am considering a third. A big investment, but not that much compared to my Canon 1DX II.

Apr 02, 2017 at 12:27 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.