FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

5d mkIV not in focus...

Michael Beard
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

Received the camera today.

Service Details: "Your product has been examined and it was found that the component did not operate properly causing the auto focus to operate improperly. The mirror was replaced. Product functions were confirmed"

Parts Description: "Mirror box ass'y, w/af sensor. Part# CY3-1796-000"

Apr 10, 2017 at 06:12 PM
KSgal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

Thank you for the update.

Apr 11, 2017 at 07:18 PM
Michael Beard
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

PhotoDH wrote:
not sure.. will have to bring it into canon.. pretty bummed

Any updates on your body?

I used mine at a wedding this past weekend and a couple other shoots as well. It seems to be MUCH better.

Apr 24, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Michael Beard
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

glort wrote:
My 7DII is up to shit. NOTHING is in focus. Don't know what it's doing thought it was my bad eyesight till I got new glasses and then saw how bad it is.

Filled out an online service form for the thing a couple of weeks back and haven't heard back.

Going to be lighting a fire under them tomorrow.
6D I got at the same time is tack sharp with the same lenses as is the original 7D so I know where the problem is.

Any update on your 7DII?

Apr 24, 2017 at 05:35 PM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

I got onto them and they sent me the info of where to send the camera.
Not keen on "Sending" it with anyone ( couriers) So I'll try to make time to Drop it off myself this week.

Pretty Pissed actually I have to muck around like this with a brand new body. Never had that before. Usually I get to thrash on them for the better part of a year before they need to be serviced. That said, the old 7 has Never been touched in all the years I have had it which is quite a few now.

Maybe I'm paying my Penance with the new one for the old one! :0)

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

PhotoDH
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

dropped the camera off at Canon in Long Island. Explained to them the issue and even provided them with a link to this thread. After they read the thread, they took me a lot more serious. I got the camera back within 3 days. Camera was "cleaned, calibrated and updated firmware". Had an engagement session last night and the camera kicked a$$! Couldn't be happier with the focus now!

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:16 AM
Michael Beard
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

glort wrote:
I got onto them and they sent me the info of where to send the camera.
Not keen on "Sending" it with anyone ( couriers) So I'll try to make time to Drop it off myself this week.

Pretty Pissed actually I have to muck around like this with a brand new body. Never had that before. Usually I get to thrash on them for the better part of a year before they need to be serviced. That said, the old 7 has Never been touched in all the years I have had it which is quite a few now.
...Show more

All of my previous cameras were purchased either used or refurbished. This is what I get for buying a new body on launch day I guess!

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:37 AM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

I would never buy a camera within 6 months of it's release. The 7DII has been out a lot longer than that yet I have the same problem as you.

I waited and got the same problem as you so it would seem launch day or a year plus after makes no difference so I would hardly say you made a mistake.... although I would have once before I learned the hard way!

Apr 25, 2017 at 06:34 AM
Michael Beard
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 5d mkIV not in focus...

PhotoDH wrote:
dropped the camera off at Canon in Long Island. Explained to them the issue and even provided them with a link to this thread. After they read the thread, they took me a lot more serious. I got the camera back within 3 days. Camera was "cleaned, calibrated and updated firmware". Had an engagement session last night and the camera kicked a$$! Couldn't be happier with the focus now!

Glad to hear that! Shot another wedding with mine yesterday and it worked fantastic.

Apr 30, 2017 at 02:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password