Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

melcat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

Just a heads-up that there are multiple online reports of the latest Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, 4.0.0.185, consuming 100% or more CPU after installation. It's apparently the case on both Mac and Windows:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2294187

https://www.macintouch.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1133&pid=17118#pid17118

It seems there are workarounds requiring features such as notifications being turned off.

It really sucks that when the CC desktop detects an update is available for it (as distinct from your actual Adobe applications) it disables all its other functionality.

Edited on Mar 31, 2017 at 09:29 PM · View previous versions

Mar 29, 2017 at 04:05 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

At the end of that thread ther is an update from today saying the new version has fixed this issue.

Mar 29, 2017 at 09:27 AM
GeoLaing
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

Not to derail the thread, but is there an option in CC to disable automatic updates? I don't currently have CC but I'm planning a new build for the summer/fall and will probably jump on board then.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

for me, it doesn't automatically update. it *tells* me that there are updates but it leaves it up to me to perform the update.

Old versions of PS can be kept but LR updates do not.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

GeoLaing wrote:
Not to derail the thread, but is there an option in CC to disable automatic updates? I don't currently have CC but I'm planning a new build for the summer/fall and will probably jump on board then.

Mine defaulted to not-automatic.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:24 PM
melcat
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · bug in latest Adobe Creative Cloud update (fixed in 4.0.0.188)

4.0.0.188 is the good version. I have it installed and have confirmed it's not using excessive CPU.

However, only the bad (4.0.0.185) version was offered, even if I quit and restarted Creative Cloud Desktop. To get the latest version, I:

1. quit Creative Cloud Desktop.
2. switched to a different user account on the same Mac and logged in to Creative Cloud there (so using my second license instance temporarily).
3. the correct version was offered, so I installed it.
4. logged out from this second Creative Cloud instance and quit the program.
5. switched back to my normal user account and ran the Creative Cloud Desktop program again. My first license instance was still active here and the version now 4.0.0.188.

Maybe someone could verify that even when it says it'll install 4.0.0.185 it'll actually install 4.0.0.188, but I wasn't going to risk it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.