New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sony Pro Support

ratchfordphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony Pro Support

Anyone have any experience with Sony's Pro Support? I've been accepted and am likely to sign up and fork over the $100, but was wondering if anyone has anything to say about it.

Thanks!

Edited on Mar 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2017 at 09:56 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony Pro Support

I've been accepted a long time ago. I keep forgetting to actually pay for it. It's good I hear

Mar 28, 2017 at 09:58 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony Pro Support

I am pleased with it when I had to use it. It was a minor deal but they turned it around, including shipping time both ways, in 5 working days. In addition, they sent me a brand new lens to try out when I requested it. It is similar to the Canon gold package, BTW.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM
Betacamman
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony Pro Support

I've been with them for a couple of years, and for $100, I've found it's worth it, even though I've only sent in items for cleaning.

Most recently, I sent them my Zeiss 135 1.8 for a cleaning, and they replaced three parts on it, which cleared up some manual focusing issues I was just living with. I hadn't even mentioned the problems to them, and it was done for no additional charge. They also made some unexpected repairs to my 70-400 G1 when I sent it for cleaning last year.

And as Joshua mentioned, service is quick.

I have an A7s that'll go in eventually for a back dial failure, so I'll be curious to see how the repair discount works out.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:04 AM
jbregar
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony Pro Support

It'd be nice if they'd give me credit for my $6,000 digital cinema camera rather than requiring I buy a second A7-series body.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM
Betacamman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony Pro Support

Yeah, their equipment requirements are narrow and annoying. They place the importance on gear far higher than they do being a "professional"

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:22 AM
nampramos
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony Pro Support

Is this US only or applies to Europe as well?

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:47 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony Pro Support

nampramos wrote:
Is this US only or applies to Europe as well?

I called Sony Canada to ask about a Pro program here, and was informed by the customer service representative that it wasn't likely since "Sony does not make professional camera equipment".

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM
mogul
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony Pro Support

molson wrote:
I called Sony Canada to ask about a Pro program here, and was informed by the customer service representative that it wasn't likely since "Sony does not make professional camera equipment".

The photographer is the "pro"...maybe no pro photographers in Canada?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:46 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony Pro Support

mogul wrote:
The photographer is the "pro"...maybe no pro photographers in Canada?

Obviously not anyone who owns Sony gear, at least...

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM
wtzgall

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony Pro Support

I am in the middle of a repair under the program. They have been great. I received a loaner camera today, as parts availability has slowed down the repair. I saved almost the cost of the membership in the repair discount alone, so it is a no Brainer in my book.

Chris

Apr 13, 2017 at 06:56 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony Pro Support

I can't seem to find support in Europe though...

Apr 14, 2017 at 02:47 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony Pro Support

Betacamman wrote:
Yeah, their equipment requirements are narrow and annoying. They place the importance on gear far higher than they do being a "professional"

I don't have enough lenses according to their criteria but they accepted me. Doesn't hurt to send in the application.

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:42 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.