Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2017 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

https://www.dailycameranews.com/2017/03/5-new-lenses-coming-year-along-nikon-d820-d7300/

What are the odds Nikon will come out with a super zoom that goes out to 600mm? I think slim. I am perfectly happy with this 200-500 and have no desire to lug around the extra weight of the 150-600 Sigma.

Would like to see a 400 f4 Nikkor but do not intend to buy one now.

I do believe we will see a 300 2.8 FL this summer to complete Nikon's reclaim to the best of the best super teles..

http://www.lenscore.org

Mar 28, 2017 at 04:35 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

And still no 135mm....

Mar 28, 2017 at 06:12 AM
rick_reno
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

The 300mm seems likely.

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:33 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

Zero % chance Nikon makes a 600mm long end zoom.

Really good chance they update the 300/2.8 to E/FL version. Maybe the 200/2 also?

If one wants to dream we could hope for a 400/4 PF.

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:42 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

At least two of those lenses will be the 300/2.8 and 200/2 in E / FL form, that has been known for a while now. Nikon announced their plans to do the FL update in the big tele's years ago and this is just the final stage. The rest of their FL tele's are best in class and this will finish the job.

Most likely next announcement is the D7300, since the lower end cameras make more money, but maybe they will surprise us. Again - keep in mind Nikon has never kept a high profile camera (Like a D820) under wraps for more than 2-3 months before announcement. Unless they have managed to keep everyone quiet, that puts us at June-July. There are rumors of an April 10 announcement, maybe the D7300. If we're lucky, maybe a D820 teaser. Or maybe for the first time they will be able to surprise us by having controlled all the leaks

A 400/4 (non-PF) will probably never happen, and in PF form that is a $7,000 design. I can't imagine that is a priority for them, especially with the performance and success of the 200-500, but who knows.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM
RKnecht
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

Would love to see a Nikon branded 120-300 2.8. Just can seem to pull the trigger on the Sigma.

Mar 28, 2017 at 01:08 PM
conrad2nr
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

RKnecht wrote:
Would love to see a Nikon branded 120-300 2.8. Just can seem to pull the trigger on the Sigma.

I LOVE my Sigma. The only reason I'll sell it is because of the weight or if I get a good offer.

Mar 28, 2017 at 01:24 PM
Surfnsun
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

I'm thinking this is going to be the year for bodies. D810, Df, D750.

As far as lenses, I'd be interested in updates to lenses in the 35, 50, 85 FL.

Mar 28, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Luftwalk
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

conrad2nr wrote:
I LOVE my Sigma. The only reason I'll sell it is because of the weight or if I get a good offer.

Same here....can't see myself parting from my Sigma. It's my most loved lens.

Mar 28, 2017 at 04:13 PM
JohnK007
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

CanadaMark wrote:
At least two of those lenses will be the 300/2.8 and 200/2 in E / FL form, that has been known for a while now. Nikon announced their plans to do the FL update in the big tele's years ago and this is just the final stage. The rest of their FL tele's are best in class and this will finish the job.

Yep.

CanadaMark wrote:
Most likely next announcement is the D7300, since the lower end cameras make more money, but maybe they will surprise us. Again - keep in mind Nikon has never kept a high profile camera (Like a D820) under wraps for more than 2-3 months before announcement. Unless they have managed to keep everyone quiet, that puts us at June-July. There are rumors of an April 10 announcement, maybe the D7300. If we're lucky, maybe a D820 teaser. Or maybe for the first time they will be able to surprise us by having controlled all the leaks

They're going to be getting rid of a lot of camera models. It's possible they may get rid of the D7xxx series. If not, expect improved SnapBridge connectivity. Also expect a Nikon (not Sony/Toshiba) sensor.

If you look at the latest SenScore placement, the D500 has the best sensor of the entire APS-C class ... and it's not made by Sony, Canon, or Toshiba ... but by Nikon directly. (Same with the D5: class-leading, manufactured by Nikon directly.)

The only sensors for which Nikon seems dependent on Sony have been the D750/D800 series. Will be interesting to see if they still need Sony for these segments, or if they can handle them themselves.

CanadaMark wrote:
A 400/4 (non-PF) will probably never happen, and in PF form that is a $7,000 design. I can't imagine that is a priority for them, especially with the performance and success of the 200-500, but who knows.

Not sure. The 300 f/4 is popular due to the decreased weight.

Mar 28, 2017 at 06:19 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

I hope Nikon will announce a 300 FL as that could sway my decision to keep one foot inside the Nikon ecosystem. With their current lens selection I am left wanting for either a lighter 300/2.8 or a 400/4PF. My main use will be shooting from Kayak with a D500 and one of those potential lenses (with the use of TCs as needed). If Nikon had one of those I could get a D5 and switch over entirely but without one of those I will remain a dual system shooter or go back to all Canon.

Mar 28, 2017 at 06:35 PM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

arbitrage wrote:
I hope Nikon will announce a 300 FL as that could sway my decision to keep one foot inside the Nikon ecosystem. With their current lens selection I am left wanting for either a lighter 300/2.8 or a 400/4PF. My main use will be shooting from Kayak with a D500 and one of those potential lenses (with the use of TCs as needed). If Nikon had one of those I could get a D5 and switch over entirely but without one of those I will remain a dual system shooter or go back to all Canon.

Geoff, I started recreational kayaking last spring, with wildlife photography in the kayak as a goal. I used the D500, the 300mm f/4 PF, and the latest 1.4x TC. That combination worked really well for me in the kayak. If Nikon came out with a 400 f/4 PF, I would probably use that in the kayak instead (to shoot at f/4 vs. f/5.6).
Keith W.

Mar 28, 2017 at 07:33 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

I'm hoping for DF refresher... Don't care about lenses anymore. I'm sick of them went through hundreds of lenses. Done with GAS!

Mar 28, 2017 at 07:37 PM
tdlavigne
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

I have a feeling most if not all the rumored lenses (last rumor I saw said 5 or was it 6? new lenses this year) will only be refreshes of older ones. Most likely just updates to "E" versions:

14-24mm, 300mm, maybe something safe/boring like the 85mm 1.4 and/or 35mm 1.4

Then I think they'd come out with another 18-whatever kit zoom...because it is Nikon after all

and finally one or two "new" lenses. Maybe a new fisheye or new f4 zoom (24-70?)

Of course this is all just a guess...so I'm probably 92% wrong, but I feel fairly confident we're due for an updated 14-24 since the other two of the trinity were recently updated.

Mar 28, 2017 at 07:54 PM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

a new FX fisheye

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:56 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

What Nikon really needs is a small 16mm f2.8 DX lens, to help counter Fuji XT2 system. Nikon seems to screwed up to see this though. Meanwhile, I'm on the list at B&H for the Sigma 14mm f1.8. Right now, four of the six lenses in my bag are Nikon, two are Sigma. It's possible that a year from now five of six will be Sigma, the only remaining Nikon the 24mm PC-E.

Kent in SD

Mar 28, 2017 at 09:35 PM
nikonos6
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

Nobody seems to miss a proper and convincing 16-35mm 2.8 ?
I personally really do miss this lens so much in Nikons product line.
Really - it would be the perfect update to my aging 17-35mm, it would be such
a versatile lense and this is just the only lense which i do miss from Nikon,
honestl. And there is no real alternative from other companies for Nikon-users,
other than the Tamron 15-30mm, which is actually more a 15.5-30mm, and i don't like
the look of the out of focus areas in pictures taken with this lens.
So come on Nikon - just make that come true!

Mar 29, 2017 at 07:13 AM
Danner
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

My understanding is that we will get a 300/2.8 FL, a full frame 8-16mm (not a fisheye), and a new 200/4 Micro with VR and other goodness.

ETA: And, a new 200/2 FL.

Edited on Mar 29, 2017 at 08:54 AM · View previous versions

Mar 29, 2017 at 08:29 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

Danner wrote:
My understanding is that we will get a 300/2.8 FL, a full frame 8-16mm (not a fisheye), and a new 200/4 Micro with VR and other goodness.

Every time I hear about that 8-16 my heart skips a beat and a little droplet of drool forms at the corner of my mouth.

Mar 29, 2017 at 08:48 AM
Desertcruiser
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · regarding Nikon lenses to be announced.......

Danner wrote:

Your understanding, or your wish?
I mean it would be absolutely genious the 8-16

Mar 29, 2017 at 08:53 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.