Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

jbregar
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

James_N wrote:
There also appears to be a misunderstanding about the use of dunnage (styrofoam peanuts, plastic bubbles, etc). It is a subtle distinction but dunnage is used to protect the integrity of the outer packaging and not necessarily the CONTENTS of the package. Retail packaging is normally engineered to withstand shipping rigors so items in their original retail packages will rarely be damaged during shipping. Dunnage keeps the outer container intact so that all the items ordered by the customer arrive at the specified location.. Dunnage is an old maritime concept where ships used ballast/dunnage to prevent cargo from shifting around
...Show more

From my understanding loose-fill (dunnage) has a dual purpose. The first is as you say... to make the box "full" so it won't easily crush and then fail. The second is to keep the contents roughly in place in the box. It really doesn't provide much cushioning when it's done right (packed nice and tight).

Apr 13, 2017 at 03:39 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

As I suggested on a previous occasion, B & H might consider setting up a category scheme to give direction to the shipping department as to the degree of fragility of a given product - maybe 3 grades for wrapping and boxing. This could both save money for B & H and reassure customers. Some things, soft goods, might do perfectly well in a padded envelope, though I wouldn't ship filters that way. On the one hand, I have received thick packs of boxed paper, which are probably imperious to dynamite, encased in a fortune of bubblewrap and shipped in over-sized boxes, and on the other, had my 5D Mark II delivered a few years ago with no extra protection whatsoever. I am given to understand that the product box is itself supposed to provide adequate protection but, realistically, UPS and FedEx deserve their reputations for reckless handling. I have seen them throw a printer with my own eyes. The boxes, inner as well as outer, for one of my cameras that shipped naked, was visibly damaged so I returned it without unpacking it further.

May 11, 2017 at 02:56 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

I just received 2 HP Printer Ink cartidges and they were shipped to withstand a nuclear blast!
Great job Henry and B&H.
Dna

May 12, 2017 at 04:35 PM
Robert Snow
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Of late, I had noticed that packing was going downhill to the point I was going to write them about it. Then, two recent small orders were received that were super packed to withstand carrier abuse.

Perhaps Henry has been reading this thread.

Point is, I was again pleasantly surprised by the quality of the packaging.

Kudos B&H...job well done.

bob snow

May 12, 2017 at 08:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

henryp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Robert Snow wrote:
Perhaps Henry has been reading this thread.
Point is, I was again pleasantly surprised by the quality of the packaging.

From time to time. :-)

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

May 15, 2017 at 03:15 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Well, I ordered up from BH ten rolls of Fuji 400H film to feed my new F6. Packaging was bomb proof. I had to use my department issued blade to open the cardboard exterior packaging in which the 10 pack - in its own packaging, btw - was safely ensconced in a sheet of bubble wrap. The box itself had fold-in triangles at each end that kept the film packaging from sliding around, which, of course, it couldn't do because the bubble wrap precluded it. Rating: 11/10.

HenryP, it doesn't get better than that... mucho kudos to the packing/shipping crew

May 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

anthonysemone wrote:
HenryP, it doesn't get better than that... mucho kudos to the packing/shipping crew

Thank you!!

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

May 19, 2017 at 02:13 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password