Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2017 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

I know Henry doesn't like me for pointing out the issue they have in the past. I've been moving my shopping from BH for the last year or so. Well, it is 2017 and i thought maybe, they've been change. Thing is getting better. Last friday, i bought a Genus ND filter for my Leica 24-90 lens. It delivered today. When seeing the envelope, i thought it was from Amazon (stuff that my wife ordered.) Open it out and i was super disappoint. There was my ND filter inside this thin envelope. Seriously, you can't even put in a small box to avoid all the impact from sorting, throwing from UPS? However, i still have high hope (like most of the BH loyal fan would tell me that i'm just too picky), i hope that nothing damage inside. man, the plastic case was broken, the inside plastic case has big round of scratching from the filter ring itself making contact when you really put lot of pressure on it.

here are few pictures.

So what you think? am i being unreasonable when i'm not happy to see this kind of love BH put in the product when they ship out? Would this cause by shipping? or they just send me a really f-up used product?

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Why didn't you just PM Henry about it or email him?( I forgot he doesn't like one or the other of those kinds of contact)

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Henry prefers email..rarely responds to PM's per my experience. But Tony's point is valid! I do understand B&H point about shippg costs but....eqpt that have glass should be better protected.
Dan

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:49 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

If the filter's even slightly bent, or the rotation gizmo is too tight or tightness varies a lot, I'd return it for a replacement. Otherwise, I'd just move on.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Sad to say this situation isn't isolated to B&H. Have had it happen with them, Adorama, and Amazon. Seems like it runs in cycles - people complain, things get a little better with packing for awhile, then deteriorate again. Frustrating cycle for me.

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:18 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Bubble wrote:
I know Henry doesn't like me for pointing out the issue they have in the past.

I don't have any issue with that. I don't know what would put that in your head. I am sorry if the filter was not delivered as you'd have liked. If you want us to exchange it for another, email me (henryp[at]bhphoto.com) and include the original B&H order number.

And, I do not do PMs, so it's email or nothing.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 28, 2017 at 03:08 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

at least yours was not shattered...

My LEE CPL arrived in a padded UPS envelope...given that it does not ship with a plastic case it seems a little foolish to chuck it in an envelope and hope for the best...thankfully they accepted the return and the new one shipped out today...a week from the receipt of the original...

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:20 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Travis Rhoads wrote:
at least yours was not shattered...

My LEE CPL arrived in a padded UPS envelope...given that it does not ship with a plastic case it seems a little foolish to chuck it in an envelope and hope for the best...thankfully they accepted the return and the new one shipped out today...a week from the receipt of the original...

That really sucks and B&H should know better. I pack my gear that I ship much better...there is really no excuse for B&H and others to skimp on their packaging...other than money saving.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Travis Rhoads wrote:
My LEE CPL arrived in a padded UPS envelope...given that it does not ship with a plastic case it seems a little foolish to chuck it in an envelope and hope for the best...

I do not disagree with you. I sent this picture to our shipping dept manager and to his boss too.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

chez wrote:
That really sucks and B&H should know better. I pack my gear that I ship much better...there is really no excuse for B&H and others to skimp on their packaging...other than money saving.

It really doesn't make much sense...its a $220 filter...common sense isn't so common anymore. I was disappointed not to have it for my trip this weekend, but it wasn't critical...it is critical for a trip coming up in a couple weeks...I just hope that there is more thought put into sending out the replacement.

henryp wrote:
I do not disagree with you. I sent this picture to our shipping dept manager and to his boss too.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

I hope it helps...and can help prevent it in the future. Customer Service has a copy of it too...they asked for it.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:31 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

henryp wrote:

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

I don't understand why shipping needs to be told about this. Isn't it obvious that putting delicate glass into a simple padded envelope without any other re-enforcement material is just asking for the glass to be shattered? Aren't they the experts on shipping.

Mar 29, 2017 at 06:28 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

chez wrote:
I don't understand why shipping needs to be told about this.

Because the shipping department manager is in charge of the people who packed this.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 30, 2017 at 09:19 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

henryp wrote:
Because the shipping department manager is in charge of the people who packed this.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Right...and you ship thousands of items everyday. I would think by now you would have things down pat.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

chez wrote:
I would think by now you would have things down pat.

When I took this job, 20+ years ago our then-COO told me my job was to make myself obsolete. I'm still here, for two reasons:
We will never be perfect, even as we strive to be better today than yesterday, and
There will always be some new, unforeseen, issue.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:08 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

(does anybody else think that Henry looks sort of like Agent Smith?)

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:48 PM
1swt2gs
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Another bad experience with B&H here.

I ordered a filter in the used department and the case came broken as well...

I sent a very nice email to B&H about it, asking to get another filter plastic carry case/because I constantly switch out filters and was told sorry it broke but I was out of luck...

Didn't both returning it because filter was undamaged and didn't want to deal with hassle after for a refund, shipping back to NY, ordering another one and getting it shipped out to me again but still...

Edited on Mar 30, 2017 at 04:39 PM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2017 at 04:25 PM
1swt2gs
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

To add on, my email:

Hi B&H,

My most recent purchase was a used B+W Clear Nano Filter. Upon arrival, the case was slightly broken and damaged. From what I can see the filter works fine for my 16-35mm lens.

Is there any way I can get another plastic case. I would not even need the foam (can use the foam from the old case). I do carry around and switch filters often and having a damaged case is not ideal.

Best regards,

1swt2gs

Their response:

Hello 1swt2gs,

Thank you for contacting the Used Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

I apologize for the inconvenience but it does not appear as if we have another one of those cases in stock.

Thank you.

Mar 30, 2017 at 04:32 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

henryp wrote:
When I took this job, 20+ years ago our then-COO told me my job was to make myself obsolete. I'm still here, for two reasons:
We will never be perfect, even as we strive to be better today than yesterday, and
There will always be some new, unforeseen, issue.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Well then Henry you better get onto it as it looks like your shipping dept. isn't carrying the ball when it comes to shipping out glass filters. Be interesting to see what is changed ( if anything ) to rectify this issue.

Maybe Henry you can report back to the changes that are made with regards to shipping glass filters or anything that is breakable.

Mar 30, 2017 at 05:08 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Got my replacement today...B&H took yet another chance by AGAIN shipping the filter in a soft envelope...at least this time they folded it over and secured it so that the filter could not shift around as much inside. It arrived unbroken...but I am still left wondering why you would take the chance of sending something so fragile in something that doesn't offer that much protection.

Mar 31, 2017 at 08:46 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I'm disappoint with BH packaging/shipping.

Travis, that just the way BH doing thing now. If you read henry's response to me, it is like "well..we ship like that..sorry it didn't come in the way you like..but that is it. Want to exchange? " as for my case, I just return. Ain't take my chance again.

Mar 31, 2017 at 09:49 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.