New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · EF 60 macro lens

bitterroot

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EF 60 macro lens

Are kenko extension tubes supposed to fit this lens? I bought a used set of kenko DG extension tubes, but they dont appear to fit my lens-thx

Mar 27, 2017 at 07:41 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EF 60 macro lens

This is an EF-S lens that can't be mounted on a Canon FF body. Maybe the mount on the tubes is "FF", and doesn't have the extra gizmo slots that allow an EF-S lens to mount on an APS-C camera.

Mar 27, 2017 at 07:49 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EF 60 macro lens

I bought the Canon 12 mm V2 extension which works with both EF and EF-S lenses to use with my 60 macro. I agree with Jim and suspect your Kenko set is an older EF only version.

Mar 27, 2017 at 08:05 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EF 60 macro lens

Jeff Nolten wrote:
I bought the Canon 12 mm V2 extension which works with both EF and EF-S lenses to use with my 60 macro. I agree with Jim and suspect your Kenko set is an older EF only version.

So if you are using the tube presumably you can fit the lens to a FF camera? I admit I have never tried!

Mar 28, 2017 at 01:51 AM
charlyw
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EF 60 macro lens

dhphoto wrote:
So if you are using the tube presumably you can fit the lens to a FF camera? I admit I have never tried!

Yes you can as even the smallest tube will prevent the lens from protruding too much into the body to interfere with the operation of the mirror.

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:12 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EF 60 macro lens

charlyw wrote:
Yes you can as even the smallest tube will prevent the lens from protruding too much into the body to interfere with the operation of the mirror.

Yes, I wondered it it would adequately cover full frame is all

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:25 AM
jhg photo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · EF 60 macro lens

I had the EF-S 60 mm and Kenko tubes. It fits nicely.
While the lens is designed for APS-C sensors and directly only mounts to these bodies, you can fit it to full frame bodies using a tube. With the 12 mm tube it starts to work from 0.2 magnification.

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:40 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · EF 60 macro lens

Isn't there significant vignetting on FF? I mounted one on an A7 II and it was pretty dark... I am not sure if the baffle is removable - for those who like hacking.

Mar 28, 2017 at 03:30 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · EF 60 macro lens

Paul Mo wrote:
Isn't there significant vignetting on FF? I mounted one on an A7 II and it was pretty dark... I am not sure if the baffle is removable - for those who like hacking.

The fact it is further from the sensor will project a slightly bigger image circle but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as good as a dedicated FF macro, but I could be wrong

I have found my 60mm to be very sharp on crop

Mar 28, 2017 at 03:55 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · EF 60 macro lens

jhg photo wrote:
I had the EF-S 60 mm and Kenko tubes. It fits nicely.

That's the issue. It doesn't fit on the OP's Kenko tubes.

Mar 28, 2017 at 05:22 AM

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · EF 60 macro lens

You can try to remove the EF-S spacer like it's possible on most EF-S lenses with metal mount. That's how the EF-S lenses become mountable to the EF only camera bodies. But be careful since the protruding rear element may still, well, protrude far enough back to collide with the baffle inside the extension tube at some focus settings. You may wish to examine the lens - how far does the rear element stick out at the most extreme setting? I have no experience whatsoever with the 60mm macro but I have modded some EF-S lenses this way.

Mar 28, 2017 at 07:22 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.