Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Jovie and her cousins!

dobbij88

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jovie and her cousins!

My SIL and BIL were in for a few days over spring break, so I had the opportunity to snap a few pics of my daughter with her cousins. This was probably my favorite of the bunch, so of course it's the one I'm posting!

I've still a lot to learn so any feedback is requested!

Mar 27, 2017 at 03:30 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jovie and her cousins!

Very nice! I like the backlighting though the loss of contrast in your subjects is not often my favorite look. But, it is popular. I might try a black and white with this. I am not crazy about the color of the youngest's shirt and you might be able to play with the contrast and color sensitivity enough to get a bolder take. If that is something you might want. Otherwise, I might warm their faces a bit as the shade from their position to the sun tends to leave a bluish cast.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:04 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jovie and her cousins!

for me, i usually position the subject(s) such that all out-of-focus elements in the foreground do not intrude so high on the subject.

if you are editing in lightroom, increase the clarity slider to recover some contrast from the backlighting.

otherwise, nice pose, adorable subjects, & eyes contact in 2 of 3 subjects; a worthwhile images in the family album for show and tell in years to come... :-)

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:37 AM
dobbij88

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jovie and her cousins!

Brev00 wrote:
Very nice! I like the backlighting though the loss of contrast in your subjects is not often my favorite look. But, it is popular. I might try a black and white with this. I am not crazy about the color of the youngest's shirt and you might be able to play with the contrast and color sensitivity enough to get a bolder take. If that is something you might want. Otherwise, I might warm their faces a bit as the shade from their position to the sun tends to leave a bluish cast.

Thanks for the great feedback! I'll definitely take those tips into consideration next time, or maybe I'll spend more time with this picture in the future.

---------------------------------------------

tntcorp wrote:
for me, i usually position the subject(s) such that all out-of-focus elements in the foreground do not intrude so high on the subject.

if you are editing in lightroom, increase the clarity slider to recover some contrast from the backlighting.

otherwise, nice pose, adorable subjects, & eyes contact in 2 of 3 subjects; a worthwhile images in the family album for show and tell in years to come... :-)

Thanks for the kind words and tips. I plan to spend more time on this image in the future, if for no other reason than more practice!

Apr 21, 2017 at 03:18 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.