Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Anyone still renting Original Canon 300 2.8 IS?

Dave Bachrach
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone still renting Original Canon 300 2.8 IS?

Get the 2xIII. I tried a 2xII on my 300 2.8 IS and returned it. About a year later I bought a 2xIII and I liked results on a 7DMK2. I still use the 1.4xII, IQ is so good that I have to read the EXIF data to see if it was used to take the image.

Apr 03, 2017 at 12:46 PM
tsangc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone still renting Original Canon 300 2.8 IS?

Get the 2xIII. I tried a 2xII on my 300 2.8 IS and returned it. About a year later I bought a 2xIII and I liked results on a 7DMK2. I still use the 1.4xII, IQ is so good that I have to read the EXIF data to see if it was used to take the image.

Thanks! I'm now kicking myself for not buying the set of III extenders a friend offered...should have got the 2x III then.

...I'm starting to use the 1.4x II again with my 300mm and am finally getting the results most folks here seem to be getting.

I originally bought it about six years ago to take photos of hot air balloons with my 70-200mm f2.8L IS v1, which is probably the worst pairing possible. It soured me on Extenders early, even though I had also tried it with rented 300mm lenses too. I suspect some of my initial reluctance was from not taking into account the extra focal length too and needing to use a monopod etc.

Apr 03, 2017 at 01:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.