Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

montedc
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

Item updated in the last 24 hours    About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

Sold

Price: $1.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: USPS

Dear fellow camera lovers.

I am starting a digital photography club at a local school. The students come from a diverse background, and many are on financial aid or scholarship. Through an initial survey, I and a school teacher found that , of those who want to join, up to 20 families do not own any cameras, and may not be able to purchase one to participate.

I want to encourage as many children to participate as possible, so I am using some of my own camera funds to purchase as many old but still perfectly appropriate camera kits as I can, within $1000. Meanwhile, I am exploring a school-wide drive for people to donate their old cameras, but I am not too optimistic of this route.

If you have old cameras that you don't need anymore, and have the following attributes, and you are willing to sell them (or gift) to me at a reasonably inexpensive, price, please PM me.

The only requirements are:

1. viewfinder (a big plus but not necessary)
2. PSAM
3. a lens (manual is fine; AF bonus)
4. battery
5. charger

In short, a camera that lets them decide, set, and learn the technical parameters. So if you have old Canon S90/95, Panasonic LX3/5, etc. They would be wonderful too.

Thank you.

Edited on Mar 27, 2017 at 05:08 PM · View previous versions

Mar 24, 2017 at 09:51 PM
Buckeye1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

Good luck with your awesome cause!!

Mar 24, 2017 at 09:54 PM
montedc
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

Thank you. I am very excited to introduce these children to a new world.

Mar 24, 2017 at 09:57 PM
montedc
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

I guess this is not the appropriate place for my request. I will keep it up another couple days, and if nothing happens, take it down and find other ways to collect cameras for the students.

Mar 27, 2017 at 06:37 AM
montedc
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

See related post: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1482850/0#13979746

I think I am going to find/purchase as many of these gems as I can.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:20 AM
montedc
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: About 10 kits for new digital photo club at local grade/middle school

Ready for the club. I will have enough cameras for 16 students, plus any who can bring their own.

Apr 05, 2017 at 05:01 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.