New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Hot Shoe base stand for Speedlites

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hot Shoe base stand for Speedlites

Is there a better quality Speedlite stand other than the cheapy plastic one that comes with the EX Speedlites? All the original ones I have are broken (and they broke rather easily after not many uses). I know I can purchase other 'cheapy' ones for a buck or two on 'cheapbay' but I was wondering if there's a better alternative? .... or should I just buy 20 @ 99 cents apiece and call it a lifetime supply?

Mar 24, 2017 at 05:53 PM
GammyKnee
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hot Shoe base stand for Speedlites

If you're using the plastic "foot" just to get the speedlite free-standing, unattached on a flat surface, then yep I'd just buy up a bunch of fleabay clones for redundancy. I haven't come across anything better.

OTOH if you're using the foot as a makeshift adapter on a light stand, gorillapod, tripod etc then there are much better alternatives, from little screw-on hotshoe blocks to jointed umbrella-holding variants.

Mar 24, 2017 at 06:45 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hot Shoe base stand for Speedlites

GammyKnee wrote:
If you're using the plastic "foot" just to get the speedlite free-standing, unattached on a flat surface, then yep I'd just buy up a bunch of fleabay clones for redundancy. I haven't come across anything better.

OTOH if you're using the foot as a makeshift adapter on a light stand, gorillapod, tripod etc then there are much better alternatives, from little screw-on hotshoe blocks to jointed umbrella-holding variants.

Yes, just free-standing on a flat surface.... usually at or near the floor where a conventional light stand won't work.

Mar 24, 2017 at 07:12 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.