Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO Elmarit-R

jamgolf
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO Elmarit-R

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours    Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO Elmarit-R

Sold

Price: $2,900.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: FedEx Ground

The legendary Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO Elmarit-R lens in excellent condition.

The body shows only the slightest signs of use. The aperture ring crisply clicks into position at all f-stops, with no hesitation. The focus ring is smooth and uniform throughout the range. The ring feels similar to my other Leica M and R lenses - not as tight as a brand new Leica lens, but not excessively loose either. For a long focal length, it feels about right - any tighter would make it harder to focus.

The optics look clean, with no scratches or fungus. There is some very fine dust and a couple of extrelemly faint cleaning marks that are not visible only if the lens is held up against a ceiling light. You can see them only if you shine a bright flash light at an off-axis angle, and view from an oblique angle. These have no impact on the image quality.

The aperture blades are are very clean and look like brand new, with no stickiness or signs of any oil leaks. Sorry, no box or case.

===================================================
I recently bought it here on FM to use it with a 54x40 sized digital back.
Its image circle is large enough to cover 54x40 but not large enough to allow movements.
So I have decided to sell it.

Link to purchase thread (which has pictures):
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1475849/0?keyword=leica,180#13923844

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.