Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

rabbitmountain wrote:
I like what she does. Good thing we all have different tastes. anyway the point I tried to make still got across I hope.

Ralph

Assuming it was her work. She was caught posting the work of others on her website as her own. She should be run out of the business.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:50 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

dmacmillan wrote:
Assuming it was her work. She was caught posting the work of others on her website as her own. She should be run out of the business.

Ouch that's not good. I still feel inspired by her wedding photos from yesteryear.

Mar 23, 2017 at 04:42 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

Everything I have read here from folks whose assertions I value highly suggests that the relatively small difference in IQ between the two is swamped by technique--i.e., it is extremely unlikely that you would tell the difference between the two in almost every situation.

I'm not a pro, but I simply do not understand the "the grass is greener" culture that is so common here. I like shiny new tools as much as the next guy, but absent something absolutely game-changing, my limiting factor is my skill, not my tool. It's hard to believe that anyone would be so limited by a 5D3 that the cost/hassles of switching to a D810 would be worth it.

JMO

Mark

Mar 25, 2017 at 06:11 PM
yelloguy2
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

StarNut wrote:
I'm not a pro, but I simply do not understand the "the grass is greener" culture that is so common here. I like shiny Mark

For every grass is greener opinion, you will find two confirmation bias opinion on internet boards. People simply like what they have and sing praises for their own gear.

However, that is mostly true of internet forums. On this particular forum, people can be pretty objective as this thread shows.

I came here to say what has already been said - that all these cameras are very capable of making stellar work with right lighting and creative thinking. I would take the least expensive of the lot and use the saved money for extra gear or learning.

Mar 26, 2017 at 03:24 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

yelloguy2 wrote:
For every grass is greener opinion, you will find two confirmation bias opinion on internet boards. People simply like what they have and sing praises for their own gear.

However, that is mostly true of internet forums. On this particular forum, people can be pretty objective as this thread shows.

I came here to say what has already been said - that all these cameras are very capable of making stellar work with right lighting and creative thinking. I would take the least expensive of the lot and use the saved money for extra gear or learning.

I agree completely. I would have answered someone asking about switching from Nikon to Canon the same way. Top-shelf equipment these days is so good, you're talking about tiny incremental differences, which become irrelevant next to optimal technique.

Mar 26, 2017 at 04:32 PM
woos
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

Vees_3188 wrote:
Has anyone switched from a 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810? I am replacing my 6D, I only have 3 Canon lenses. I'm thinking about skipping the 5D Mark III and switching to a Nikon D810. I have read .Any reviews that name is a much better camera. I cannot afford a 5D Mark IV. Thanks.

Why not wait until the 6d2 comes out first. If it really has a moveable screen it'll be far more useful than the D810 in tons of circumstances and you'll be able to use your lenses. But if you *like* the D810 and have tried it and like the ergonomics then sure why not. The issues with the D800 are fixed in it and ISO 64 will be useful. But are you SURE it's a better choice for you than the D750? Is the 12mp more useful than the tilting screen? Realllllyyy? Are you sure? :P The D810 and D800 are also MUCH better with a hand grip (order a chinese or korean one imho). So if you don't like the grip on them keep in mind you can fix the grip with that. So... eh. It's all about ergonomics or lenses.

Mar 26, 2017 at 05:29 PM
stevesanacore
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · ** SWITCH from 5D Mark III to a Nikon D810?

StarNut wrote:
Everything I have read here from folks whose assertions I value highly suggests that the relatively small difference in IQ between the two is swamped by technique--i.e., it is extremely unlikely that you would tell the difference between the two in almost every situation.

I'm not a pro, but I simply do not understand the "the grass is greener" culture that is so common here. I like shiny new tools as much as the next guy, but absent something absolutely game-changing, my limiting factor is my skill, not my tool. It's hard to believe that anyone would be so limited by
...Show more

There are certainly differences in some cameras and lenses, but I totally agree that in 99% of the cases, technique is much more important than the brand and or model.

Mar 26, 2017 at 06:44 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.