Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

wonderer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

As luck would have it I stumbled on a bit of a bonanza hidden in plain sight not too far from home. Twice in the last week, I had the pleasure of having the place all to myself. Well, not quite. Several ducks, eagles, hawks, mink and muskrats shared their place with me.

These were all shot with the 1D IV, Version I of the 300 f/2.8 IS, and a 2.0 III extender.

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:02 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 are my picks Kim. Lots of nice finds on this outing. Looks like you had lovley soft light

Morris

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:12 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

Kim, this is all very good, lovely ducks in great light. Your Zen approach is paying off.....now I think you may wish to pay a visit to your pet store in order to get some live bait goldfish.......Mergansers love them.

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:50 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

Congrats on finding a spot close to home Kim. This is a very nice set with 4, 5, 6, and 8 standing out ~ Ron

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:55 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

Kim, there is nothing quite like coming upon a scene like this and having it all to yourself....sometimes, however, you look around hoping there's just one other person around, so you can nod to one another, understanding, without words just how special is the moment. Super shots and lucky you have such a large number of species in one small area.
Eric

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:57 PM
rgreene

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

Kim, nice shots in the past week. You might want to cover your tracks when you leave the area

Rick

Mar 19, 2017 at 05:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

canon.eos30d
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

Excellent work, Kim. They are my favorite subjects too. #4,5,7,8,9 are my picks.

-Tam

Mar 20, 2017 at 01:26 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

What a very lovely set Kim !! How wonderful to have a place like this to go too.

Birdie

Mar 20, 2017 at 04:07 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

nice lookin set Kim

Mar 20, 2017 at 08:40 AM
wonderer
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

morris wrote:
4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 are my picks Kim. Lots of nice finds on this outing. Looks like you had lovley soft light

Morris

Thanks Morris. It was a treat in so many respects! Great variety of species and oh yes, that gorgeous light!
---------------------------------------------

PetKal wrote:
Kim, this is all very good, lovely ducks in great light. Your Zen approach is paying off.....now I think you may wish to pay a visit to your pet store in order to get some live bait goldfish.......Mergansers love them.

Thanks Peter. I will remember to fill my pockets with goldfish before heading in again. Soon I'll have a whole string of ducks following my Zen self... !

surfnron wrote:
Congrats on finding a spot close to home Kim. This is a very nice set with 4, 5, 6, and 8 standing out ~ Ron

Thank you Ron. The freeze and snow this past week forced me to look harder at local options since all the local ponds were frozen. Public access is not plentiful around here but this one ticks that box too. Wish I'd thought of it earlier in the winter...

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM
wonderer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

surfnron wrote:

Thanks Ron. I have a few local spots to work with but winter helps to thin the "crowds" such as they are here in the Wild, Wild West of NY.

rgreene wrote:
Kim, nice shots in the past week. You might want to cover your tracks when you leave the area

Rick

Thank you Rick. The snow has now melted--tracks are gone!

canon.eos30d wrote:
Excellent work, Kim. They are my favorite subjects too. #4,5,7,8,9 are my picks.

-Tam

Thank you Tam; it was definitely one of my better days!

birdied wrote:
What a very lovely set Kim !! How wonderful to have a place like this to go too.

Birdie

Thanks Birdie! It's hard to get away from people here (even though there's not many). I'm about sick of snow for this season but I must say it added value to my own private duck studio on that day!

kmunroe wrote:
nice lookin set Kim

Thank you Kenny!

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:21 AM
wonderer
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A little more Zen (a few less ducks)

eyelaser wrote:
Kim, there is nothing quite like coming upon a scene like this and having it all to yourself....sometimes, however, you look around hoping there's just one other person around, so you can nod to one another, understanding, without words just how special is the moment. Super shots and lucky you have such a large number of species in one small area.
Eric

True enough Eric but I know few people that can sit quietly without talking. Come to think of it, I've never gone shooting with anyone else, primarily for that reason. I went back to this spot yesterday afternoon (love the "longer days"!). While I didn't do so well photography-wise, while sitting maybe a foot above the water, I had the opportunity to actually look down on an eagle flying up the creek. I also saw my little grebe and several Wood ducks. Gives me a thrill every time!

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password