Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

juvx
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

off topic: but how reliable are they? Im about to buy 4-5 of them.

I dont care about the beam.

Apr 13, 2017 at 09:44 PM
Mareshalu

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

I'm using the 860x from cheetahstand for the last year and they rock. Hate the hot shoe locking mechanism but other than that, butter.

Apr 27, 2017 at 03:35 AM
InSanE
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

This is with Nikon.
Has anyone noticed a difference in exposure when used on camera in normal ttl vs ttl in master mode?
Almost looks like ttl vs ttl bl, which doesnt exist on godox, -0,7 under when master.
Also auto iso doesnt work when set to master, works fine in regular ttl mode.

Apr 27, 2017 at 05:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

InSanE
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

After using Godox flashes (multiple v850II and v860II) for the first couple of weddings this year here are my findings:

love the wireless system simplicity (no more trigger piling)
love the batteries
hate rotating lock ring
hate stiff head, but love clickless roatation
build quality is a notch below Yongnuo (plastic feels cheaper and bounce cards fall out at first use)
AF assist is much worse than Nikon and worse than Yongnuo
TTL is not on Nikon level, no ttl-BL, auto iso not always available, different exposures in regular ttl vs master ttl mode
user interface needs an option to remove useless modes, simplify exposure adjustment

May 11, 2017 at 07:07 AM
Oscarsmadness
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

I'm on Nikon using the Flashpoint rebrand. The first gen v860 assist beam is a joke. It doesn't point to the middle of the frame. It's useless on focal lengths past 70mm or so. I gave up trying to use it.

The v860ii with lithium batteries has a decent assist beam. It's usable for me, but i don't use it very often. Lens still hunts more often than not, and if the subject is moving much at all then it's useless.
The assist beam on the corresponding xt-2 transmitted doesn't work. Never had occasion to use it though.
The assist beam on the manual version of the v860ii is just plain weird. I don't like it, but I never needed to use it on a paid shoot.
It's a very nicely controlled flamethrower though, so I forgave the assist beam's failings.

May 12, 2017 at 02:11 AM
Oscarsmadness
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Godox v860ii AF-assist beam

To answer juvx's question, they are very reliable. Never had a misfire or bad exposure either with the light on the hotshoe or remote controlled off camera.

Get the most recent, top of the line v860ii's with lithium batteries. Getting previous generation lights are not worth the investment if you're new to the Godox ecosystem.

May 12, 2017 at 02:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password