Archive 2017 · Lowballing clients

SGallant
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Lowballing clients

Elijah wrote:
Huh?

In reality, they lowballed.
If you read my first post carefully, it says "...after talking to multiple photographers around the same level as yourself, we've received very many competitive offers that fit our budget better."

Clearly, they DO NOT value my work at what we initially agreed on.

Huh? back at you.

I think your last statement is the key. They weren't sold on why you charge $500 more than the other photographers they saw as being equally capable. So they wanted it in the form of a discount to do business with you. People are never 100% honest with their budgets. And this still looks like an attempt to negotiate with you. People don't just come out and say, I am going to negotiate with you now sir.

Bottom line is you and I are in very different places. If I were in your shoes, I am pretty confident I would feel the same way you do.

Mar 17, 2017 at 05:47 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Lowballing clients

Reading back through this thread is really a bit sad.
People are making rather silly and flawed excuses and arguments to justify what really is their lack of knowledge in business.

IF this were a sales or business forum the position would be so different and no one would be suggesting the clients were tight arses without first asking the qualifying questions to see whether they were or not. None of the detractors did that here. Not one. For those knowledgeable in the basics of sales and business, they would all know that the clients were ready to buy , just saying sign me up in a way that didn't make them look too keen to rush in and throw their legs in the air.

Notice the people that have experience and knowledge in sales and business were united in their position and those that don't had an opposite view. If the discussion was between pro shooters and amateurs, no one would be questioning whom is more qualified in their opposing opinion to be correct yet in this case those without experience are trying to tell those that have they are wrong.
I see a problem in that logic right there.

I really do find it sad people are trying to make far fetched excuses to justify the position the clients were just cheap skates and would have been trouble to assert their position.
This is so much more than an argument of who is right and who is wrong in the discussion, it's very real in the way people are running and in fact hurting their business and income. That goes into real world problems and stresses and the quality of life they are having for themselves and for those that have them, their families.

You can blog your arse off, spend 23 hours a day sucking up and talking sickening sweet drivel on FB, Buy every bit of new equipment the day it comes out and edit every picture pixel by pixel in the impossible dream of making a perfect image BUT, if you can't handle a simple customer objection in the sales process, it's all for nothing and those clients you will get are no where near as smart and clever to choose you as you want to think. You are going to be working your arse off and getting lower returns for your efforts because in reality, the clients you book are more to do with luck than your skill in sales or business.

The attitudes not even the example here show that how being such a great shooter still does not compensate for a lack of business skills and having good work does not stop you from blowing clients away for no good reason.

This isn't another of those intangible discussions of should the cropping of the picture been taken 3mm to the left or which lens is better for covering receptions, in fact there are rules, solution's and practices used every minute of the day in other industries for the same problem.
Having the demonstrated position in those vocations as many have demonstrated here would have you thrown out on your arse for being incompetent even if you were a junior!

And also it's not about whether THESE particular clients were tight arses or not.
So many here have jumped to the automatic conclusion they were, yet not one single person saying that has even asked or suggested qualifying questions that any knowledgeable person in sales or business would automatically suggest to see if they were or not. That one tell tale alone gives the whole game away.

That fact alone makes the "They are tightarse cheapskates" position flawed and undermined because no one of that position has suggested a thing to find out, they just automatically decided they were.
And that alone is a huge problem well beyond these clients. No one knows, they are just jumping to a conclusion based on a lack of knowledge on how to handle the situation correctly and concocting a defense for that in front of their peers.
For the equally lacking in knowledge it may work, for those that know better, it's sad and transparent.

The root of this very unfortunate attitude seems to be a real mix of ignorance and ego...... and that's a very dangerous thing for a one man operation to have if they want to make a decent living and provide for heir families.

Perhaps that isn't the goal of some here. Maybe there is more than I realise that really are just in photography for the ego trip and having a day job to fall back on ( NOT Having a go at the OP specifically although it may well apply) they can indulge themselves in not having to bother to learn how to run a successful stand alone business. That's OK for them but it is not OK or fair to espouse the same unprofessional attitudes and ignorance to others.

And there is another fact here that stating will bruise a few egos and create some indignation in it's truth.
A look at the posting history of a number of people that are arguing the clients were cheap skates shows a VERY strong tendency for those people to post here predominantly in technical discussions about equipment or picture critique. Their interest in this clearly overwhelms any interest in how to run their business successfully or their contribution or participation in those discussions.
Yeah, it took a lot of time to go through a LOT of posts but anyone whom has a nothing better to do and too much time as I have can see and verify that before trying to rebuke it.
It really makes it like a plumber telling a sparkie the best way to run an electrical circuit.

If you never spend any time learning and educating yourself in something, then what the Fk makes you think you are really going to know how to do it well?
I'm sure everyone here would say that you have to study and practice photography to know about and be good at it so similarly, to be good at business would require a lot more than just bumbling through it with no actually time learning or worse still, going on flawed mythical opinion as espoused by those equally lacking in actual knowledge or education on the subject.

No built in features or bit of gear you can get to make you better at business like with equipment you can buy off the shelf so why do those that put Zero or near to it effort into business think they can judge a client and know what their position is when they don't even have the knowledge to ask a single qualifying question to ascertain that?

This isn't about who is right or wrong in a debate, it's about why so many struggle and do it hard in this industry and a significant reason in in the less than favorable position it is and still sinking.

If one is serious about having a successful business, photography or otherwise, you owe it to yourself and those whom may depend on you or just miss you when you are out shooting, to pull your head out of your arse and spend SOME of your time learning how to do what you do, running a business, correctly and efficiently.

If you can't do that, then stick to what you do know like the technical specs of every bit of gear out there that you do spend loads of time researching rather than business or sales that you have never spent a moment educating yourself on and know less about than you even realise.

Mar 18, 2017 at 08:55 PM
Elijah
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Lowballing clients

glort wrote:
Reading back through this thread is really a bit sad.
People are making rather silly and flawed excuses and arguments to justify what really is their lack of knowledge in business.

IF this were a sales or business forum the position would be so different and no one would be suggesting the clients were tight arses without first asking the qualifying questions to see whether they were or not. None of the detractors did that here. Not one. For those knowledgeable in the basics of sales and business, they would all know that the clients were ready to buy ,
...Show more

I'll be honest, I only got to your 3rd paragraph

I have to be SUPER bored to read the rest.

Edited on Mar 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM · View previous versions

Mar 18, 2017 at 09:40 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Lowballing clients

Basically you said I suck at doing business and you're 100% right
While making 85k a year at my day job, I guess I don't care fore losing a lowballing client.
I would've done things way more different had I did photography full time. Case closed!

Why do we need to know how much you make at your day job?

Mar 19, 2017 at 01:20 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Lowballing clients

Elijah wrote:

That's ok, I know learning how to make your business successful isn't as thrilling to many as the latest gear reviews and pontificating about technical things that shooters get excited overt but clients could not care less about. It's also clear that a lot of people have concentration and comprehension issues as some here have admitted already.

There are a small amount of people though that just might find what I said motivating to educate and to improve their business.

While making 85k a year at my day job, I guess I don't care fore losing a lowballing client.

What I tried to get across was you and others could do a LOT better in your business with just a little time spend on educating yourself in the basics of business. Not saying you have to be the greatest salesman, marketer or advertising Guru that ever lived, just learn the basics that will cover 90% of the problems shooters face every day and are discussed here.

I take it $85K a year is supposed to be impressive where you are?
Geez. I guess what you make from your photography is what allows you to work in a job you no doubt love but doesn't' pay that great. Things are a lot different here. My wife makes more than that in lower level middle management and I can't remember how long back it was since I was doing that in my business. I understand where you are coming from though. We are in a position now where we can take it a bit more easy than we used to and having had a real wake up call as to the uncertainty of life and how short it can be, we are going out and trying to get our mind off things more than before.

If you are happy with your day job, terrific. Money isn't everything and if you are content with a simple and humble lifestyle, that's what is the most important thing. I remember when I was young and had a high paying job. I was never more miserable. Loads of money and no time to spend or enjoy it. Spose it was a valuable lesson though and in the end it did give me a real kickstart on my own home which owned outright at 27 years old. I wouldn't/ couldn't do that again now though but thankfully, I'll never have to work that hard or with so much stress again.

Some people here would like to do photography full time and that's the angle I tend to think of so what I said, as I mentioned, wasn't directed at you specifically.

I would've done things way more different had I did photography full time. Case closed!

Yep, when you have a fall back you don't have to do things as correctly as you do when your dependent on your business and the income you get from it. Myself, at your apparent age I'd be trying to get the most ROI on my photography I could and build it up to where I could leave that job and make some real money but I guess you love what you do in both cases.

Just the same, I don't believe that is any excuse to defend sloppy business practices or not run one to the best of your potential. To me it's also not an excuse to avoid education which would help you do that.
Insisting and demonstrating a lack of knowledge on something also doesn't' make it right or OK for everyone else to think the same way.

Hope your next client is less of a challenge for you!

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:31 AM
InSanE
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Lowballing clients

Ok, enough BS!
We are in a unique, personal and extremely competitive industry. There is no one solution fits all, and it is naive to think one can learn some dated business/sales techniques, apply them and be successful. Preaching those like they are some kind of godsend, while constantly bashing unbelievers makes me lol so hard it hurts.

Yes you need to know how to run a business, but it takes so much more. Going from client to client preaching same old, same old. Most people are not retarded, so good luck with that car sales pitch.

Mar 19, 2017 at 05:30 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Lowballing clients

Depth of Feel wrote:

Word

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:25 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Lowballing clients

SGallant wrote:
Huh? back at you.

I think your last statement is the key. They weren't sold on why you charge $500 more than the other photographers they saw as being equally capable. So they wanted it in the form of a discount to do business with you. People are never 100% honest with their budgets. And this still looks like an attempt to negotiate with you. People don't just come out and say, I am going to negotiate with you now sir.

Bottom line is you and I are in very different places. If I were in your shoes, I am pretty
...Show more

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Lowballing clients

Depth of Feel wrote:

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM
level1photog
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Lowballing clients

Elijah, I completely understand your point of view. I'm also a part timer and both me and my wife full-time job are 6 figures. I have responded the same way because I find it insulting. My situation was a little bit more insulting: They demanded $1000 off & extra shooter (pricematch someone's package) or they will book someone else.

Glort, TheyCallMeJ, nolaguy, and a few others offered great advices. You have to define whether it is a business or something more than hobby but less of a business (which it is for me). I think if you can set your pride/ego aside, you can negotiate from a position of win-win and capture that contract. If that doesn't work, you can tell them good luck.

Mar 20, 2017 at 01:35 PM
jecottrell
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Lowballing clients

glort wrote:
...no one would be suggesting the clients were tight arses without first asking the qualifying questions to see whether they were or not.

Glort,

Can you educate the folks that are interested about this? No need to waste time on the youngsters with short attention spans that know everything already...But I'd be more than willing invest the couple of minutes to read what you have to say.

Thanks

Mar 20, 2017 at 03:14 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Lowballing clients

jecottrell wrote:
Glort,

Can you educate the folks that are interested about this? No need to waste time on the youngsters with short attention spans that know everything already...But I'd be more than willing invest the couple of minutes to read what you have to say.

Thanks

What the ignorant whom write this stuff off as being unnecessary would not realize is, It's a basic of all Business. It has been around for ages and will continue to do so. I have a couple of Friends that literally do Million dollar deals ( and a LOT more) and they use this stuff as the corner stone of what they do. ALL business that have a clue and aren't playing amateur hour do.

It's hard to give a 2 or 20 min read on how to qualify. Much like it's difficult to tell people how to take wedding pics in the same time. They are both learned and built up skills that integrate in an entire process.

For me, it starts with the initial consultation. I ask questions about the venue and every other thing to do with the wedding. I get an idea of their spending capability from things like the dress, flowers, cake, cars..... etc.
If it's a designer dress, expensive cars,300 people at the upmarket reception venue, they are not poor.

Where they heard of you can also be a good indicator. if it's word of mouth, you can almost gaurantee they have a real good idea of where you are at. Before I see anyone I TELL them what their all up spend is likely to be. I then ask if that is within their budget. This is called the Getting the Yes Close. I'll go over it more than once during the process so they can't come back and say we can't afford you at the last minute because they have told me Multiple times they can.

I also ask things like is photography a priority to them or just something they want to have to keep mum and Dad happy? I'll ask if they have seen or are going to see any other shooters and if so whom? I know from the other vultures and their price points what these peoples budgets are going to be as well. I'll ask if mum and dad are giving them a hand with paying for different things or are they footing the bills themselves? A fair few of my clients have mum and dad pay for the pics which is handy to know. If they later say they can't afford me after telling me mm and dad are paying for it and I'm in their budget...... Well lets just say no one has tried that.

A lot of it is about getting the clients to tell you something you can feed back to them and giving them a price and flat out asking before you go any further if that is in their price range is a big one.
In MY repeated experience, people that come to me have fairly balanced Budgets. They don't have designer dresses and upmarket venues with a craigs list shooter. I'm sure some do by the people that come to me with the upmarket venue want decent pics and will spend proportional. The exception to that as I have come across a pleasing number of times is they will ct back on other tings that are one offs like flowers, dress, cake etc to give them a bigger photo budget. But I would have found that out about any couple that came to see me as well.

Obviously you can't build rapport and qualify like this if you just send out price lists which is why I don't even HAVE a price list, even for myself. Until I know I'm in their Budget through a conversation on the phone, I don't go any further. Whats the point?
Some may say you can tell them about all your years of experience and the value of your gear and the time in post and.... WTF ever else and get them up to your price level. If you can do that, Good luck to you. I certainly can't and I doubt there are many that could in this market. Not to say though if they tell you $1000 the real price they have in mind isn't 1200. No one gives their final figure straight off, even us shooters when we are the client.

Now this isn't a mathematical formula that gets a decisive answer every time but It sure as hell will give you a bloody good clue and weed out the great majority of wood Ducks. I actually can't remember the last time anyone that came to see me said they couldn't afford me or would need a discount etc. They don't get that far. I qualify budget before I see them on the phone or by email. If they wanted a Video guy I'd already know that and would have discussed it.
At length!

My Close for the Booking interview would go something like this....

Now I have covered everything you wanted to ask and you have all your answers? Yes
It seems fred and Mary you are pretty happy with the style of shots I do? yes
And you liked that Idea with fred Running butt naked through the park with the formal shots Mary? Yes, loved that.
Instead of a wall portrait you'd prefer the slide show? Yes.
And the quote I have given you with what we went over is within your budget? yep, that's fine.
Ok then, well it seems we are on the same page and everything is good, I think this is going to be a beautiful wedding. Would you like me to put you down for the date so it's locked in and you have got your photographer?

Then I shut up. First one to talk at this stage loses.

50% will say yes right then and there so you ask for the deposit and that's it.

For the other 50% that say they would like to think about it, I'll ask was there anything specifically they wanted to think about or anything I didn't cover? They will say no so I'll then come back and say, " would you like me to put a hold on it for a few days in case I get any other interest in that day and I will get back to you next week and you can have a chat in the mean time and let me know. "
No one has ever said they weren't interested at this point.

I'll wait about 3 days if the 50% of those haven't got back to me next morning then ring and say I had another enquiry, I know I said I'd give them a bit more time but was jst wondering if tey had made a decision yet and would prefer to make other arrangements so I can make an appointment to see these other people or would tey like some more time?
I'll get a LOT of people saying they do want me and to book them in, they hadn't had time to let me know and the rest will say they have decided to go elsewhere. I have a 79-84% closure rate on the people I see so this does work and works very well for me.

Qualifying and all of sales is a process and it needs to be part of a system just like shooting a wedding. There probably isn't a lot in what I have said for you because it's even hard to articulate how to qualify other than to say ask questions in a subtle way that tell you what you want to know and can use further down the line.

I do remember one Couple coming in to me and discounting in a way..... Gave them a whole 50% off.... and they didn't even ask!!
The girl worked in a bridal shop and knew me. She warned me the husband to be was a tight arse and the only thing he would spend money on was his car.
She warned me he would complain about price. Sure enough, they walk in, his arse no sooner hits the couch and he's telling me I better not be charging $2000 like that other tosser they saw at the bridal fair next to where the mrs to be was exhibiting the other week. Thats ridiculous, he ain't paying that for some Pictures, rather get his brother to take them and just pay for the film...... Yada yada.

Thank you for that heads up mate! You just told me everything I need to know to book you in and win you over without a wimper. Served yourself up on a platter!

I halved my coverage. Everything. Price AND inclusions. I make my money on the back end after the wedding when I have something to upsell them. They have no emotional involvement before that so all I need to do is sell them on the potential and that's it. And that is what I did, half price, half inclusions and went on and on about how they would spend heaps more because I was going to take the best pics I could so they would want all of them and they would spend a fortune. Instead of 20 Sides in my base album I gave them 10 and halved everything else except time.

Guy laughed and said that's all he would be spending, that was more than enough for some pictures, but book them in. Said she wanted me and seemed I wasn't as stupid as what the other guy wanted so they would go with me. Again I warned them before the wedding they would spend more, warned them on the day repeatedly, told him when they came back in to do the album plan.

We went through the pics and HE was the one telling her they couldn't NOT have that one, look at it.... She was like you know this is adding up? He said well We aren't going to leave it here are we?
Finish the album plan and I'm getting worried he is going to freak. It's Big.
I say would you like to know the damage? He says hold on, fishes his car keys out is pocket and throws them on the table. He says you better take my car and just refund me whats left after you sell it and deduct the album cost.
The mrs and I look at each other in stunned amazement. Thought I'd win him over but that was way beyond hope let alone expectation!

And that was it. Told them I couldn't start the album until it was paid for, he said get started on it tomorrow and you can come get the money from the shop day after tomorrow or I'll drop it in Monday night.
That guy and I became good friends and were still friends till a couple of years back when they moved interstate. Our Kids were born a couple of weeks apart, eldest and youngest and spent a lot of time playing together as kids and teenagers. We formed a small business together some years later and did well out of it.

Thing is, going by the comments here, a LOT of indignat's would have blown the guy off. He'd have upset their tender egos or whatever it is and they would not have given him the time of day. Now I'll admit, he was a one off in 30 years HOWEVER, That guy and his net worth to me was freaking HUGE. No one in his family or his friends had anyone else but me do their weddings. He was a dominant kind of gy and while he complained a lot, if he recommended someone, people listened. He sent customers from his shop and I got loads from the bridal shop where his wife worked. The lifetime value of that guy to me was probably in excess of $75K.

And had I listened to his "Not going to pay that for Pictures" and not read between the lines and used my knowledge in sales to turn him round, suffice to say it could have demonstrably impacted quite a few years of my bottom line.
You never know how people are going to turn out or what their over all vale you to you could be unless you take the time to find out in a proper, business like manner.

These days there is a LOT of information on the net for sales, marketing and general business.
You can just google something like "sales lead qualification" and you'll get a much better idea of it and how to do it than I have been able to give here.
It's an investment of your time to learn this that you will never regret, I'll guarantee that.

Now I'll sit back and watch the comments from those so hell bent on displaying their ignorance on this and leaving no question as to how little they actually know about any sort of business principals!
Always good for a laugh.... or a huge facepalm!

Mar 24, 2017 at 05:25 AM
jecottrell
• • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Lowballing clients

glort wrote:
What the ignorant whom write this stuff off...

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to write that explanation.

I don't shoot for $ and I've never done a wedding. I find wedding photography incredibly interesting, but I don't think I have the stomach or the personality to ever try.

You tell folks again and again the things they don't want to hear, but ought to be listening to. I like the technical aspects of anything and you make a good point that selling is one of those technical points and it is far more important than corner sharpness and micro-contrast. Now you've got me started investing time in reading about selling, and I find it as interesting as other more traditional photography technical topics.

Mar 24, 2017 at 08:59 AM
TheyCallMeJ
• •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Lowballing clients

Given the variety of answers in this thread, I believe we addressed the OP's main question at this point.

As a casual, fun mental exercise, especially to those who seem adamantly against the notion of discounting one's pricing, did you ever negotiate:

- A lower price when buying a home?

- A discount when buying a car?

- A better monthly rate or package with your phone / internet / cable provider?

- A higher salary with your employer?

We negotiate more often then we think, even the neighbor's kid is asking for more allowance money for mowing the lawn or taking out the trash (whether he gets what he wants is another story). Negotiations are part of life, we have been doing this since our caveman days when bartering. In my opinion, those who are reluctant in negotiating fall into two categories: 1) what you offer is in high demand so you are in a position of power to charge full price or 2) you don't know how to handle negotiations therefore you don't engage in doing so.

This is where someone asks the inevitable question: you are full of shit Theycallmej, do you negotiate the price when buying your burger at McDonald's / gas price at the pump / the shirt you are wearing from the store? The answer is I do, although implicitly. The staff working at the burger joint, gas station or local mall are not owners of the businesses, nor are they in a position to influence the price, so there is no point for me to start any direct negotiation whatsoever. I do it by voting with my wallet, I like buying my shirt when it's on sale. That's my way of saying to the store, drop your price by 50% then I will buy. In the grand scheme of things, I no longer pay attention to the price of my burger or gas, I am more focused on negotiating the bigger "wins" in life (house, car, employment).

I will go further in saying that if you don't negotiate, or if you are afraid in negotiations, you will be at a disadvantage, with near certainty.

And why not give it a try? Instead of paying MSRP for your car, just ask for $1000-2000 off and chances are the dealership will go forward. That's enough savings for a new lens right there!

(Notice how dealerships often give discounts to move cars, yet remain very profitable)

I am not saying to display a large banner on your website that says "book by next week and get 50% off!" You need to be in tune with the type of clients you are working with. My experience with brides who ask for discounts usually have other concerns beyond price, it's my job to figure out what they are and address them accordingly. Just like the car dealership who is banking on you in bringing back the car for service (that's where the money is), when I offer my bride a discount today, I am really banking on her in referring family and friends tomorrow.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Lowballing clients

If someone asks for a discount and you cave without offering less, you're pricing/quote was BS to begin with.

This is Business 101 stuff, guys.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:51 AM
jecottrell
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Lowballing clients

ZachOly wrote:
If someone asks for a discount and you cave without offering less, you're pricing/quote was BS to begin with.

This is Business 101 stuff, guys.

Are you trying to say that flexible pricing/sales technique is bad business and ridged is good?

Mar 24, 2017 at 01:08 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Lowballing clients

jecottrell wrote:
Are you trying to say that flexible pricing/sales technique is bad business and ridged is good?

Most of us go beyond just "picture takers" for our clients. We have consultations, offer advice, problem solve, etc.

I just think accepting a lowball offer puts you in a weak position right off the bat.

It puts you in the "DJ on a budget" category of vendors.

Mar 24, 2017 at 01:53 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Lowballing clients

The longer I live, the less I know. Budget clients are not a categoric PITA as many will say — and you don't have to look far to find wedding photographers charging over 10kUSD who got out of the business because they couldn't stand their clients. People are people and there are likable ones you want as clients at every price range. The rule is, there are no rules.

The best thing anyone can do is be honest with themselves on their own financial goals, their costs to do business, and their monthly cashflow. Negotiating a lower rate to get your first job at a desirable venue can be worth it, while with some clients you sense more hand-holding/labor and are less inclined to dicker.

I know someone charging at the highest levels that will routinely negotiate (when asked) the first booked job of any given month so he knows he has his living expenses met with one job. All other booked jobs that month are gravy. Works for him.

Mar 24, 2017 at 02:45 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Lowballing clients

FWIW, my favorite clients are more identified by vocation then financial resources. My favorite clients have most often been marketing professionals, nurses and teachers. Less desirable clients are engineers, and other vocations fall somewhere in the middle.

Almost all of my featured portfolio weddings are all marketing people (or marketing-based CEOs).

Mar 24, 2017 at 02:50 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Lowballing clients

LeeSimms wrote:
Less desirable clients are engineers

Work in engineering. I'd love to hear more and see if what I suspect is correct!

Worst vocations from my pov: doctors and lawyers

Mar 24, 2017 at 03:23 PM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.