New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · XT-2 EC override during manual exposure question

Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XT-2 EC override during manual exposure question

Is there any way to override the exposure while in Manual?

This is my 1st Fuji camera and I'm coming from the Canon 1DX where you could manually set F stop, Shutter Speed, Auto ISO and then over or under expose with the dial while holding the SET button.

While learning the Fuji XT-2, I manually set the F stop and shutter speed while choosing Auto ISO. I placed the correction dial to "C" and found I could control the exposure while watching the light meter.
However, upon importing into lightroom I see the "C" dial only raised the ISO while I was trying to overexpose.

Next, I set the camera for full manual and the front thumbwheel will let me control exposure but only by changing the SS, not an actual over/under exposure compensation. I find the "C" position of the wheel does nothing when fully manual settings are on the camera.

Is there over/under compensation in any mode? I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for your time, Ken.

Mar 15, 2017 at 04:40 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XT-2 EC override during manual exposure question

If you're in manual mode, exposure compensation will modify ISO to change exposure. You said it raised the ISO, but it can't do that without overexposing if you have the shutter speed and aperture set to specific values.

So, your setup should be working exactly as you want it to. Did you actually take pictures, or are you only looking on the exposure preview on the back? If the latter, make sure you have the Preview Pic Effect turned ON in the menu, or it won't preview the exposure change.

Fuji bodies have allowed exposure compensation in manual mode with Auto ISO since the X-T10.

Mar 15, 2017 at 05:53 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XT-2 EC override during manual exposure question

Yes, that is what happened. I overexposed by a full stop each time. In lightroom, the f stop and ss stayed the same and the ISO went up. Thanks for the reassurance.
I'll try this next. Only looking to go up maybe 1 stop or less anyway.
I'll have to pull the 1DX out and see if that's what Canon did on that camera. I know I could just hit the SET button and rotate to overexpose and never looked to see what the camera was doing.
Thanks for your reply!

Edited on Mar 15, 2017 at 06:29 PM · View previous versions

Mar 15, 2017 at 06:06 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XT-2 EC override during manual exposure question

thanks for the hint of Preview Pic Effect, I'll see what that does. I did have it off.
I was seeing the difference while overexposing.

Mar 15, 2017 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.