New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Godox TT600 and trigger question

doowop42
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox TT600 and trigger question

I am about to order this set to be used in Manual Settings only on my Fuji X-T20. Do I have to choose which model [ hot shoe compatible ] Canon or Nikon?
If so which one?

Mar 15, 2017 at 01:25 PM
dtolios
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox TT600 and trigger question

Not in theory: the Manual flashes are only using the large center contact to be activated. The TTL interface with the smaller pins around it are not used nor are present in Godox manual flashes and their off-shoots (Flashpoint / Neewer etc). Same is true for the simple transmitters, e.g. the Godox XT-16 line of transmitters / receivers.

The TTL capable flashes & transmitters do have these contacts, but tbh I believe those are electronic contacts, and by electronic I mean they carry very small currents, that most likely won't do any damage even if you mount - say - a Canon hot-shoe onto the Fuji hot-shoe.

Mar 15, 2017 at 05:37 PM
polishbroadcas

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox TT600 and trigger question

I got the Nikon version of the Godox X1T & X1R for the Fuji XT-2. In single pin firing mode (a setting on the transmitter) everything works fine with the X1T mounted in the camera's hot shoe.

The thing that isn't working fine is connecting the shutter release cable from the X1R to the camera and trying to do wireless shutter release. It will half-press and fire, but out of sync with the flashes (flashes fire, then shutter opens later). I'm not sure if this is a camera or trigger issue.

FWIW: I just got TT600's and an AD600. They are really nicely built, recycle quickly, and are completely silent (no recycling whine).

FWIW pt II: I'm still considering the Cactus V6 II because the Godox X1 is quite fiddly to use when changing power settings for each group, but I really love the quality of the Godox flash hardware.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM
dmward
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox TT600 and trigger question

polishbroadcas wrote:
I got the Nikon version of the Godox X1T & X1R for the Fuji XT-2. In single pin firing mode (a setting on the transmitter) everything works fine with the X1T mounted in the camera's hot shoe.

The thing that isn't working fine is connecting the shutter release cable from the X1R to the camera and trying to do wireless shutter release. It will half-press and fire, but out of sync with the flashes (flashes fire, then shutter opens later). I'm not sure if this is a camera or trigger issue.

FWIW: I just got TT600's and an AD600. They
...Show more

If you are trying to use the XT1 to fire the camera and the flash units then there will never be a sync between the remote camera and the flashes. The flashes have to be fired by the x sync from the remote camera.

That means one XT1 signal to the remote camera with a second XT1 signal from the remote camera to the flash units.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:16 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.